or Connect

Posts by Kuro

sans prêt à porter
If I'm not mistaken Cifonelli actually does have some sort of licensing or other type of arrangment in Japan. There are Cifonelli departments in Hankyu Men's and last time i checked maybe 3 or 4 years ago the stuff was made in Japan IIRC. Poole had a department there as well. AFAIK, they also sell (or sold) stuff in Isetan, and Mitsukoshi.
^I never knew that I suppose it is only fair that I add Hermes with JLP as another example of bespoke and rtw working well together (but again like Charvet there the business owners/developers aren't also supposed to be involved in the actual making of the bespoke product, and it is perhaps more an example of a luxury conglomerate purchasing a bespoke brand and improving it). Nice photos of the mesure samples in Paris from all the stores to be polished, etc and returned...
^i meant trying to buy a tailoring house and develop a bespoke platform. is it possible to get a bespoke suit at brioni? another way for a tailor to broaden the revenue stream is to also offer mtm...
^btw, how long before PPR jumps in the game?
I don't own any G&G product so other than handling samples as well as my e-knowledge that they now do leather fitting shoes, and use Brunelle for shoe trees will need your help to understand what is improved with the G&G bespoke line as a result of the rtw. (I do, however, recall at one point their stating that the goal for the bespoke line was to only make a limited # of shoes per year, so...)Anyway, what do you think can be improved in Cifo's tailoring operation? You...
looking forward to being able to order Boivin ties through one of the e-Haberdashers. The mid-blue with dark blue pattern in the first pic is just what i need...
Charvet is the only bespoke house that comes to mind that does it well (but the Colbans aren't involved in cutting, fitting, etc.).
That's certainly the common explanation for bespoke houses expanding to rtw (as well rtw brands doing licensing deals) so lets dig deeper. By resources do you mean nicer workrooms and more tailors? I suppose nicer workrooms could be of benefit indirectly. However, how many skilled tailors are there in the Paris area (and again there are only 2 Cifonellis to do the cutting, fitting, and supervision...).
Romain is really nice guy. Anyway best of luck to Cifonelli in this endeavor. It will be interesting to see how it develops.