or Connect

Posts by Kuro

Aubercy shoes are quite nice (notwithstanding the dumb description they are using for their hand-welted shoes).
It is easier to work with someone when you have a certain level of rapport and trust. In my case i've decided to move on from a certain tailor as i felt that lacking. I am hopeful that things will be better with the new tailor...
parasitic gentleman.
^cheers.
perfect!around $400
Thx. Looking back at the photo that you posted of the WESTON insole is it technically possible for your custom work to convert that from gemmed/GY to HW?DWF, was your # for handsewn?
Do you also hand stitch the sole to the welt, say like Anthony Delos (or is that what you mean by custom work)? My #s and comments above reflect hand sewing the sole....
^fair price. but i think my #s reflect why HW for most in the US of A is a bit of a luxury if a customer isn't lucky enough to know/have someone local... the renowned makers charge more, and to be honest there aren't many local repair shops that have the skills.
By the way, what is a reasonable price for a resole of HW shoes? In NYC the quotes I've received are around $500 IIRC from one shoemaker/repair shop to around $1300 from JLP.
bespoke shoemakers can as well. in fact one bespoke maker told me that they unfortunately had to tell a customer that they could not resole his HW shoes due to wear and tear...