or Connect

Posts by docstradamus

Anyone interested? $50 shipped, or they're going to the bay...
Bought these used and the 8 last didn't work out for me.  Minimal creasing, scuffing, and sole wear.    $50 SHIPPED, CONUS
Kram, Shine/finish looks nice on your brown CXL... How do you care for them?
I fit a size 9 DB really well.  After a few wears, I felt like I was swimming in a 403 in 9D (see sig).  There was just too much volume all around.  Ended up going with an 8.5 D in the 403 and, while snug at first, it fits me very similarly to the size 9 DB.  Go figure.  Further evidence that trying on the specific shoe in various of sizes/widths is the only real way to go if you want the best fit.  The problem I encountered was, and the CXL 403 is my only Alden...
Wore these for about a week and determined they were too big (ended up going a full size down due to my foot shape).  They're like new with the exception of the signs of light wear seen in the pictures (superficial scuffs and creasing).   They are on the TruBalance last for which conventional sizing wisdom is to go down 1/2 a size.  Width is D (medium).  Comes with original generic brown J. Crew box.   Add $10 for shipping to CONUS.  Will take Paypal, personal...
    To update, I think I'm pretty happy after going down a full size to an 8.5D (Clarks DB is a 9, if that matters).  Took the dog for a walk (didn't encounter any boulders) and, yeah, I'm not ready to use the term glove-like, but they feel pretty damn good, albeit snug.  Didn't intentionally step in goose shit, but I went ahead and interpreted that as the final sign that this was the right boot.  As much as I honor the advice on sizing from seasoned veterans, I just...
      The socks I've worn are thick-ass Wigwam hikers, probably close to the equivalent of the Fox's there.  (The socks in the pics above, however, are thin dress socks.)  I think the heel slippage is a little sloppy after wearing them for a week.  If the litmus test was, Do I want to be wearing them trying to outrun a giant boulder? I'd have to say, no, I feel like they'd slow me down a bit.         Yes, correct, I would prefer the boot not have a sloppy fit.  Andy...
    Not trying to belabor my issue, but after wearing the 9D on several occasions, it feels excessively roomy and a sloppy fit, even with thick wool socks.  I now have an 8.5D in the house (which I've been very careful with not to crease or scuff so I don't end up with 2 Indy's that don't fit and I can't return) and it feels pretty good, especially in the heel, but is somewhat tight at the widest part of my foot.  Wish I had an 8.5E, but I fear that would end up too wide...
      Thank you for the replies.  All were helpful.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens as I break them in a bit more.
Anyone care to assuage my fears?