or Connect

Posts by Tangfastic

Does anyone know anything about what look like quite high quality fakes / reproductions appearing on ebay? Differences seem to be that the hood zip is on black not the original green material, the buttons have the word 'Barbour' written in a darker brown not the original lighter brown shade and the collar piece is a lighter green than the main body of the jacket - there is no contrast on the original. A lot of these listings have poor quality photos masking the differences...
Maybe not everybody does want to burn more fat and build more muscle. As someone who started training and changing my diet nearly a year ago, for me I got to a certain level and was happy to maintain that rather than push it to get as ripped as possible. I was motivated by probably an equal mixture of health and vanity reasons to start to lose weight - I'd got a visible beer gut and was worried about diabetes risk and so on. I dropped the weight in a couple of months but...
Looks good in the first front on shot, fine from the sides too, but remember it's not meant to be a slim fitting garment. If you want a slim fitting field jacket I'd try a more fashion brand than Alpha which is more for practical use and is designed to fit a quite bulky liner underneath (makes it a good colder weather jacket). If you are able to return it you could try an XS, but I expect you'd find that just fit more tightly without appearing more slim fitting due to the...
They arrived today, very quick shipping from France, so here's a review. I own quite a few mid range pairs of boots and shoes but don't consider myself particularly knowledgeable on the intricacies of shoe construction so this is purely a personal impression.Initial impressions are quite good.Stitching is fine, and the shape is ok, not quite so sleek as I'd like, but not total gunboats and I still think they are a more pleasing shape than the Loake Dovedale that I was...
Well after much debating I've decided to go for a bargain basement option and try the Bexley Enfield. It fits my bill looks wise and is goodyear welted, allegedly ok leather and on a sturdy rubber sole. I'm just worried that sizing was unclear and the price is too low for a genuinely good quality product, but their returns seem easy enough ... http://www.bexley.com/Bexley/en/p/dress_shoes/enfield?coloris=noir
Crockett and Jones Northcote maybe? http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/northcote-darkbrown#.U9_OP2NeKSo
Results will depend on the ph level of the soil...
Not sure about the grain of the leather, looks very similar to my C&J Conistons, I'm looking for something a bit less country.That's very tempting, only just over £400 at current exchange rates.. Shape isn't perfectly what I want but the idea of Cordovan is Maybe a little more saving (justified as I would be buying a boot I will use a lot and maybe outlive me - you know how easy it is....) and I should go with a MTO for a black cordovan jumper boot from Carmina....
Thanks all. The Trickers Burford does have too clunky a sole, if it was on a sleeker dainite sole it might fit the bill, but ideally I'd like something a little more elegant.I couldn't open the link to the Trickers Jermyn St collection, but having a look the only non chelsea boot there is a jodphur, which isn't what I'm after. The loake Hyde would be perfect, but for the brogue detail, much more attractive shape than the Dovedale. I know I posted in sw&d, but the Paul...
I have recently come to the conclusion that I dislike brogue detailing, and have a gap for a black boot in my wardrobe. I want a boot than can be worn in all weathers and dressed up or down. Oxford or derby, but veering towards a derby, budget about £400, cheaper is good obviously. I Want a stitch toe cap, more discrete rather than protuding sole / welt, and a dainite (or other non clunky commando type rubber sole). A black EG Galway on dainite would be pretty much ideal,...