or Connect

Posts by Tangfastic

Maybe not everybody does want to burn more fat and build more muscle. As someone who started training and changing my diet nearly a year ago, for me I got to a certain level and was happy to maintain that rather than push it to get as ripped as possible. I was motivated by probably an equal mixture of health and vanity reasons to start to lose weight - I'd got a visible beer gut and was worried about diabetes risk and so on. I dropped the weight in a couple of months but...
Looks good in the first front on shot, fine from the sides too, but remember it's not meant to be a slim fitting garment. If you want a slim fitting field jacket I'd try a more fashion brand than Alpha which is more for practical use and is designed to fit a quite bulky liner underneath (makes it a good colder weather jacket). If you are able to return it you could try an XS, but I expect you'd find that just fit more tightly without appearing more slim fitting due to the...
They arrived today, very quick shipping from France, so here's a review. I own quite a few mid range pairs of boots and shoes but don't consider myself particularly knowledgeable on the intricacies of shoe construction so this is purely a personal impression.Initial impressions are quite good.Stitching is fine, and the shape is ok, not quite so sleek as I'd like, but not total gunboats and I still think they are a more pleasing shape than the Loake Dovedale that I was...
Well after much debating I've decided to go for a bargain basement option and try the Bexley Enfield. It fits my bill looks wise and is goodyear welted, allegedly ok leather and on a sturdy rubber sole. I'm just worried that sizing was unclear and the price is too low for a genuinely good quality product, but their returns seem easy enough ... http://www.bexley.com/Bexley/en/p/dress_shoes/enfield?coloris=noir
Crockett and Jones Northcote maybe? http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/northcote-darkbrown#.U9_OP2NeKSo
Results will depend on the ph level of the soil...
Not sure about the grain of the leather, looks very similar to my C&J Conistons, I'm looking for something a bit less country.That's very tempting, only just over £400 at current exchange rates.. Shape isn't perfectly what I want but the idea of Cordovan is Maybe a little more saving (justified as I would be buying a boot I will use a lot and maybe outlive me - you know how easy it is....) and I should go with a MTO for a black cordovan jumper boot from Carmina....
Thanks all. The Trickers Burford does have too clunky a sole, if it was on a sleeker dainite sole it might fit the bill, but ideally I'd like something a little more elegant.I couldn't open the link to the Trickers Jermyn St collection, but having a look the only non chelsea boot there is a jodphur, which isn't what I'm after. The loake Hyde would be perfect, but for the brogue detail, much more attractive shape than the Dovedale. I know I posted in sw&d, but the Paul...
I have recently come to the conclusion that I dislike brogue detailing, and have a gap for a black boot in my wardrobe. I want a boot than can be worn in all weathers and dressed up or down. Oxford or derby, but veering towards a derby, budget about £400, cheaper is good obviously. I Want a stitch toe cap, more discrete rather than protuding sole / welt, and a dainite (or other non clunky commando type rubber sole). A black EG Galway on dainite would be pretty much ideal,...
I feel this could be my year! I seem to have auto enrolled from last year strangely...