or Connect

Posts by BackInTheJox

Nice! It was almost an impulse buy for me, really.  Most expensive impulse buy I've made. I was balking at considering paying full price for the brown CXL OSB loafer, and then I go and pay a good bit more for these on a whim.
 I'm actually not so sure it is.  Conventional wisdom agrees the Sanderson is on the 222, but I've seen the Singleton disputed and I would tend to agree - the shape of the loafer does not seem to jive with the Sanderson, and the fit (although it is a loafer vs a blucher) is a bit different. Hard for me to compare to the 65 last, though, since I don't own any shoes on that last.   Some days I regret selling my brown Singletons, but I own them in tan and they're lovely.  If...
 Allen Edmonds makes at least three models for Ralph Lauren - the Singleton, the Sanderson, and the Saunders (loafer, longwing blucher, and chukka, respectively).  This has been confirmed via email with AE, and it's also quite clear when AE lists these models in their seconds lists.   The AE for RL loafers do not have a direct AE-only counterpart, and the finishing is a bit nicer on the RL models, usually.   JAB, to my knowledge, does sell otherwise pre-existing AE shoes...
 They're dark brown edge dressing, to my eye (and the ones I owned were certainly a similar dark brown). I'm not really sure I get what it is you don't get.  I like these loafers, and AE sells them through RL.  There is no option to purchase them from AE (well, you can find seconds sometimes at the shoebank).   You either buy them from a different label (RL) or you don't buy them at all (seconds notwithstanding).
Speaking of loafers (and to revert back to a more AE-related topic), I've noticed that the Ralph Lauren (by AE) Singletons in Brown calf seem to come in two slight variations.   There's the plain, darker brown with dark brown edging that I received when I bought them, such as these:       But then I've also seen people post their brown Singletons with a much lighter edge (and seemingly lighter upper, although it's probably just the...
I realize this is the AE thread and these are not AE, but whatever. I've been on a loafer kick recently.  Got a pair of OSB natural CXL beefrolls for the warmer weather recently, and then realized I need to fill the void of a darker brown loafer after I sold my brown RL Singletons (didn't seem to fit correctly).   Enter ebay.  Yesterday these pop up, Rancourt shell loafers.  Made an offer on a whim to the seller, and as of an hour or so ago I am now the owner of these,...
 I'm a big fan of them and never had a problem with the sole.  I'm probably in the minority (at least on SF) in that I wasn't a fan of the regular leather sole makeups of the EC last year, but I very much like the look of it with the white vibram sole.
 Gotta disagree here. Walnut shell looks like bourbon calf. Natural shell looks like walnut calf. I'm not a big fan of either bourbon calf or, by extension, walnut shell.
FYI, my natty shell Daltons in 9.5D are up for sale on the B&S forum:   http://www.styleforum.net/t/520194/allen-edmonds-natural-shell-cordovan-dalton-boots-9-5d/0_100
This is a beautiful pair of Allen Edmonds shell cordovan Dalton seconds that have been worn twice to work (indoor office). They have been cared for with shoe trees and with Saphir Renovateur/brushing. As far as what makes them seconds, from what I can tell: -slightly sloppy punching/brogueing on one of the toes -errant black mark (sharpie?) on the edge of one of the shoes (see pics) -slightly misaligned tongue on one shoe (nonissue when ties) I am pretty devastated to...