or Connect

Posts by BackInTheJox

Sounds good, thanks.  Normally I like a lighter sol edge on alughter shoe, but not everyone does and it is not a big deal.
Funny thing. I bought a pair of walnut Cornwallis "thirds" from our favorite eBay seller, and when I received them I saw what I now know to be the "profila binding" and said "oh damn, no wonder these were marked as worse than seconds, they completely neglected to finish the shoe and it looks terrible. Thank god it will be covered by my pant leg most of the time."Imagine my surprise when I found out that was an intentional move on their part!(BTW there were no other...
What is the name for the standard RL (CJ) Marlow wingtip edge/sole color?  I think of "antique" (which is what's chosen for the current Lindrick and Warlow) as a sort of lighter color, whereas the stock Marlows seem to have a darker brown edge.  Or are they the same thing?
If the offer from @bcloudy is still good, I will accept his switch and take a spot among the hallowed 12.
 I remember not so long ago (like 3 years ago?) it was common to see the Lasalle on sale for $129 (or at least $149).
Those look amazing! Very jealous.Out of curiosity, how much did they cost? You can PM of you want.
Also, on a completely different note, CJ does individual MTOs too, right? Any clue what the usual up charge is for that? I kind of want to make a brown calf Marlow wingtip and am curious about how to go about doing that.
The shoes in my avatar are CJ for BB longwings (Black Fleece collection), on the 325 last.  They are US 8.5D, and fit me pretty well.   Would I then go for a UK 7.5E?  I have always gone by the rule of "add one full size to go from UK to US length" with shoes, but I feel like I've seen people on here recommend only 0.5 size difference.  Maybe that was between different lasts or something.

Is that (brown Lindrick) not what is currently being MTOed?Edit: nevermind, I see you're on that list.