or Connect

Posts by BackInTheJox

And now offer the Long Branch in Golden Brown CXL (awesome) and Black (meh). http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF6021_1_40000000001_-1_
 I think it's a lot more likely that you'll see a bunch of shell disappear from the site.  And there isn't much to begin with.
 I had been eyeing a pair of Long Branches for a long time, and they were stuck at $199 throughout all the sales I saw.  I finally pulled the trigger and bought a pair at that price, and I can't wait until the weather is appropriate to wear them. I'm on the fence about how to care for them/treat them.  I applied a little conditioner cleaner when they first arrived.  I'm sure the saddle soap or leather lotion by AE are good too.  I have some Obenauf's HDLP, but I'm not sure...
Honestly, I don't think those look too bad. I got tan seconds as well with an almost identical defect, and kept them and love them. I doubt anyone else really notices, and it doesn't bother me. Especially for $129 or whatever I paid.
 Very similar, but not quite the same.  The tab that goes across the top of the shoe does not extend all the way down the sides on the Singleton (which I prefer), whereas it does on the Randolph.
 Interesting.  Thanks for the details.  As I said earlier, all mine have been seconds (with almost no perceptible blemish) except by brown Sandersons.  But none of them have ever looked quite that amazing.   I'm also curious about the edging, since all of my RL by AE shoes have the darker, brown edging and not that more unique style seen on yours.
 Yours look so much better than mine! The finishing and burnishing of the leather looks superior.  And the more "natural" edging is beautiful.  Mine seems to be much more standard brown edging. Is that a pic of them out of the box?  Or did you apply any type of cleaning/polishing products?
 Nope.  My tan Sandersons were seconds that I got for $129 on sale, and the only "defect" was slightly lighter colored leather on the medial/inside part of one shoe (that was quickly fixed with a layer of cognac AE premium polish). The brown ones were firsts I got from the DSW website for ~$250 on sale.  Great deal for both, as far as I'm concerned.  I rarely see seconds of the brown in AE's shoebank.
Nice! I have the Sandersons in both tan and brown and they're my two favorite shoes! I'm slightly more partial to the tan. The burnishing on both colors is great.
 Was it simply because they were RL shoes?  Or was there some other reason? The heels of my Sandersons are wearing down faster than I'd like, and I feel like they might need a new heel sooner than expected.