or Connect

Posts by BackInTheJox

Definitely. I have a pair of LBs and quite a few pairs of Daltons, all in 9EEE. The Daltons look much sleeker and are not nearly as roomy as the LB.
 I think Paul (the CEO) said that their more recently made shoes are being produced with a higher gloss finishing.  Some people like this, some people don't.
 In my opinion, none.  A pair of nice calfskin plain toe balmorals (like the Carlyle) with a mirror shine on the toes looks as good or better, in my opinion (and I know I'm not alone).  Honestly, I think patent leather kinda looks cheapish (even the real expensive ones).  I originally bought a patent version of that TBNY Caine shoe I posted above, but returned them and opted for calfskin since they looked nicer, and would be more useful than just the rare occasion I'd wear...
 This is what I wore with my tux for my wedding:   To Boot New York "Caine" in black calf.
 I'd go Carlyle, no contest.
 They are!  I have the L.L. Bean shearling lined insoles inside them too! If anyone owns the standard Bean boots, you know the leather is kinda stiff and plasticky feeling.  The bison leather on these shearling boots is absolutely several steps above, and is an unbelievably buttery soft leather.
      Thanks.  I wondered if I would - it seemed weird to me that the shearling lined versions are the only one where the tongue isn't entirely stitched closed or whatever.  That said, I spent 2 hours outside today shoveling 2-3 feet of snow in my driveway while my neighbor helped with his snowblower, and I was at times up to my hips/waist in snow.  The way they upper cinches closed with the laces really helps protect them from any snow getting inside.  Picture maybe 1...
No AEs for me today in this snow. Just some L.L. Bean shearling lined bison leather 10" boots!
Any more details on this purported shoebank sale starting Feb 1?  Brooks Brothers models getting any extra deep discounts?  Shell?
  Very jealous.  I'd love a pair of loafers in natural or whiskey shell.  I love my natty shell Daltons.