or Connect

Posts by BackInTheJox

I hear ya.  I submitted 19.50 for my shoulder measurement and ended up with 18.50.  Made no sense to me, and I increased it accordingly in my remake.
I hope I'm not coming off as insulting in this post, but do people really not understand that the measurement you take is not the same as the garment measurement?     Think about how they ask you to measure your chest.  Fairly snug, with one finger slipped under the tape measure.  Do you honestly expect your shirt or jacket to fit that tight?  Do you think that would be comfortable?  You wouldn't be able to button it.   Now, that's different than receiving a...
I will also say that while I am pleased overall with Indochino's tuxedo, and that the quality is actually a little better than I expected given the price (I got the tux and the shirt all for $320 total), the somewhat thin peak lapel - and, more importantly, how high the peak rides up on the shoulder - bothers me a bit.  In my opinion, part of the appeal of a peak lapel is it's wider framing of the torso, and the way this doesn't reach a wider width and seems to just keep...
Here's a quick pic of my remade tuxedo shirt/jacket (the pants are the same, didn't have them remade).  Basically for the jacket I added 0.5" to the shoulders, 0.5" to the chest, shortened the sleeves 0.25", and added 1.5" to the length of the jacket.  I think I let out the waist and hips a tiny bit too.   For the shirt (although you can't see much of it), I added 2" to the length of the torso and added 0.75" to the chest (it was absurdly tight).   I used MS...
    This is an example of an unhelpful and essentially worthless post.       Quote: Originally Posted by emc894  Flat silk laces will be more expensive because silk is much more expensive then nylon and they are rare. You can get flat black or grey waxed cotton laces here: https://www.hangerproject.com/closet/colored-dress-shoe-laces-1.html#.ULLbQYWbPJg I have never used them but they look good in the pictures and I trust the vendor.     This is a helpful post, thanks!
It's my understanding that generally people recommend flat black silk laces.  I've looked around and can't find a pair less than ~$40 or so and just can't justify spending that much on laces unfortunately.   As I've probably made clear on several threads, I was in the market for shoes for my tuxedo, and ended up buying a very gently used pair of Brooks Brothers patent leather bals for $140:       The problem is, I'm not a huge fan of the round rope-like...
  I had a good experience with their customer service.  I had my custom tux delivered, and the tux jacket needed to be remade (see above).  Due to how long it takes to ship, plus me being out of town, I received it with only 4 days left to choose a remake.  Sadly, I had let 5 days pass before getting my butt in gear to order a remake online, but alas, the option had disappeared.  I emailed CS to let them know what happened and to see if there was anything that could be...
  Very nice, thanks for the pic.  I'm planning on buying a pair to wear with my tuxedo for my wedding.  I'm not sure how often I'll wear them otherwise, but I figure I'll be able to find more use for them than for a pair of patent leather shoes (which are essentially guaranteed only to be worn when I wear my tux).
  Were you replying to me and my post regarding the black whole cut?     If so, that all makes sense, and thanks for the input.  Can you post pictures of your shoes?  Thanks!
Bump.   You can't just throw something like that out there and provide no details.