or Connect

Posts by BackInTheJox

I interviewed for residencies a few years ago (in Dermatology) and wore either my navy or charcoal suit to interviews.  This was before I had a great collection of AE shoes, and most of mine at that time were much too casual for suits.  That said, I wore burgundy Johnston & Murphy Meltons (cap toe balmoral) with my navy suit, and black Meltons with my charcoal suit.  Worked out well for me.  Never wore wingtips to an interview, though.  Not sure how to advise you on that...
 I'm not ashamed to admit I like them, especially in brown and in blue.  Certainly one of AE's better attempts at casual summer wear, in my opinion.
 Honestly you may want to check beforehand with the program coordinators for each program and inquire about the typical dress (or, at the very very least, find out where you'll be going and look them up online to get an idea of the standard dress).  When I was interviewing for residency (in a field that tends to be known for well-dressed or flashy-dressing people), there was a pretty wide variety of dress and it also varied greatly depending on venue. As a general comment,...
 I also own the dark chocolate Daltons and love them.  They're super comfortable and look great. My first (and only other) AE boot was actually the tan Eagle County (seconds for $129).  The sole is ridiculously comfortable and makes them feel like a sneaker.
 So many dadjeans/pants on here.  Seems like people really like their 'classic/loose fit" pants.
 Disgusting. Those combos look terrible.
The shape is pretty hideous.
  I love the Singletons, and own them in both Brown and Tan.  Wear them in good health!   What size?
 Yup, I wore mine a lot during this winter.  I'd usually pair them with some dark tan/light brown casual soft wash chinos and a sweater over a button-down.  Sometimes I'd ditch the sweater. Oddly enough, while I rarely get any compliments on my wide array of AE shoes (most of which I consider flashier/fancier than the ECs), I've gotten at least half a dozen "wow I like your boots" comments this winter when wearing them.
 Yeah he routinely seems to have some MTO seconds for sale on ebay.