or Connect

Posts by BackInTheJox

::Raises both hands::Chukkas and chelseas: nooooo thanks.
Which one?
 It's all a matter of personal preference.  I have seen quite a few pictures of shoes like the Pembroke with bar lacing and it doesn't look bad, it just isn't how I wish to lace mine.
I do appreciate the input, although as others have suggested, I do cross cross lacing for all bluchers/derbies and reserve bar lacing for oxfords/balmorals.
Inaugural wearing of my new Cardiffs.
Speaking of dabondo/ebay, I've purchased two pairs from him in the past.  Wore one of them today, my walnut Cornwallis.  They are in amazing shape and look beautiful.  I do not actually know what makes them seconds/thirds/whatever, but I got them for ~$130.   My other pair is the Ralph Lauren/AE Sanderson walnut longwing blucher - an AE favorite of mine as neo1 knows.  Got them in an E width, which is not always easy to find.  They had a v-tread sole which was a nice...
I have both of those (chili Daltons and the exact same coat). The Daltons get more frequent use by far, because I often find it difficult to work the coat into my wardrobe effectively. I love it, though.
 I can't even begin to remember what life was like before the internet. Thanks.
Anyone know what last the South Beach suede tassel loafer is built on?   http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/index.jsp?productId=85218326
Biggest AE regret: selling my AE Williams in brown.  As people on here probably know, I am obsessed with longwing/shortwing bluchers, and the Independence leather/lining/soles are amazing.   I forget exactly what I was thinking at the time, but I think I probably felt that a brown longwing (or even shortwing) blucher should be more "gunboat"ish and expected to buy something to fill that role.  And to be fair, I have since bought a pair of dark brown grain C&J Pembrokes...