or Connect

Posts by BackInTheJox

Sure I do.  You said the logic that "captoe=formal" was called into question because a casual boot had a captoe.  That doesn't meant captoes are suddenly considered less formal because someone made a casual boot with one.  It means there are a lot more things that go into the formality than just the toe, but that the general rule of the universe that cap toe indicates some level of formality remains unperturbed.  
 Just think about how much nicer it could look with the lighter welt! :)
 Well, despite that, my dark brown grain LBs have the same dark welt.
When did AE change the welt on the dark brown Long Branch?   Older pics I've seen show this nicer, light welt which contrasts really nicely with the rest of the boot:     More recent LBs like the ones I recently bought have a dark brown/black welt, just like in the one posted by another user not long ago:       Ignoring the lace colors and lighting differences, the welt seems to make such a difference, with the first picture looking a lot better IMHO.   What...
 That doesn't make a captoe less formal, it just makes one wonder why captoes were added to these workboots in the first place.
 I just wanted to once again point out how awesome these shoes are.  Probably the best MTO out there.
 I mean, Bob's Chili is a beautiful color, but it's nothing like Merlot. 
I love the McGregor and will probably get a pair (although I wish they came in Merlot), but in my opinion the Bleeker Street is an abomination.  I realize tastes differ, but yeesh.
 Rediscover America Sale starts October 6th: https://www.behance.net/gallery/18379345/Allen-Edmonds-Cataloging-Rediscover-America-Sale-2014
 And yet here you are trying so very hard to express your superiority.