or Connect

Posts by BackInTheJox

Jeez.  Keep them, and buy some brown edge dressing.  Problem solved, and a few hundred bucks saved.  
 Yeah that's the weird part, I've never seen E widths on the RL site, but I own a pair of Singleton seconds (the loafers) in a 9.5E that I also got from the Shoebank.
  Very nice.  I have the RL Sandersons in brown (basically the Williams but branded for RL).  It has more burnishing on the toe (and the rest of the leather looks like just a slightly lighter shade of brown than the Williams) and no wheeling on the welt.  I love my Sandersons and you should love your Williams!  I only wish the RL shoe came in wider widths.  I got a 10D when I really need a 9.5E.  Oh well! Enjoy the beautiful shoes.
 +1 Those things are hideous. 
 I'm interested in hearing this answer as well.  The heels of my tan Sandersons seem to be wearing down rather quickly compared to my other shoes (and even compared to my dark brown Sandersons), and I'm wondering if I'm gonna be SOL.
 Pics?
 They're the Caine model. They were on 6pm.com (Zappos' sister site) a year and a half ago.  They had patent leather only (the shoe comes in patent and in calfskin) and I bought that at first, but decided I liked calf better but couldn't find it.  Finally, it popped up on Amazon in a few limited sizes in calf (including my size) and they were something like $220 (retail at $395).  I used a 20% off coupon and got them down to just under 200 bucks.
 Those designs are atrocious.  The Sprata is exceptionally ugly.
 I'm with you here.  For as infrequent as I need a black cap-toe shoe (or similar), it would make no sense for me to buy a pair of PAs, really.  My Johnston & Murphy Meltons I got in used-but-awesome condition on ebay for $30 do the trick perfectly, and the price was great. To be fair, though, I splurged a bit on a pair of black plain toe shoes by To Boot New York for my wedding to wear with my tux:   I got them for >50% off, though, which was nice.  And I prefer their...
 I interviewed for residencies a few years ago (in Dermatology) and wore either my navy or charcoal suit to interviews.  This was before I had a great collection of AE shoes, and most of mine at that time were much too casual for suits.  That said, I wore burgundy Johnston & Murphy Meltons (cap toe balmoral) with my navy suit, and black Meltons with my charcoal suit.  Worked out well for me.  Never wore wingtips to an interview, though.  Not sure how to advise you on that...