or Connect

Posts by BackInTheJox

The LB still uses Vibram soles, but they're thicker Gumlite soles rather than their Commando ones, I believe. Noted the differences from the side: Old      New: 
 Hmmm, interesting.  Thanks for the input.  I can't figure out why they made any changes to the Long Branch, it was great as is.   I've considered using some dark brown premium polish, but always hesitate.  I worry it will result in some strange coloration or further dulling of the color for some reason. If you get around to finding some pics, I'd love to see!
Attention anyone who owns the Long Branch in dark brown grain:   How do you care for them?  I've read just a little leather lotion +/- cleaner conditioner or saddle soap.  My pair has kind of a flat dull brown color, which I kind of expected from that kind of boot . . . however, in looking online at pictures of other people's LBs, I've noticed some amazing looks.   Take, for instance, this person:         I realize this is the older version with the lighter...
Speaking of Daltons, anyone know where I can get a pair of 48" light tan/"alabaster" laces for my chocolate Daltons?     Basically I want these:  http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF934_1_40000000001_-1_934   Except longer.
 Yeah I paid $199 last year for a pair of chocolate Daltons, and honestly I wasn't even all that interested in them/didn't particularly need them.  But the price was amazing and lower than I'd ever seen, so I took a chance and when they came in the mail, fortunately it was love at first sight. Not the best way to justify a purchase, in hindsight.  But it worked out for me. 
 Agree that the LB is a fantastic price! I own a pair, and I find them to be a little "looser" overall (width wise, mostly) than the Dalton, which is another wingtip boot (in calfskin leather) built on the 1 last.  I own them both in the same size/width, but looking at them side by side (and trying on one of each at the same time) makes it clear that the LB is a bit wider/roomier.  Other people may have different experiences.  You will likely be wearing them with thick-ish...
 Hmm, I hadn't even considered that, although there would be a few changes I would make (chief of which would be the welt color).  But, if I'm not mistaken, the SF "waive the MTO fee" deal has gone by the wayside (at least for non-group MTOs), so that would still make it fairly expensive and probably not worth the trouble for me personally.
 Great minds think alike.  I recently bought the Long Branches (seconds) and am considering a Chili McGregor during the RDA sale. I considered waiting until the RDA sale to see of the LB seconds went down as well, but I've missed out on available shoes/sizes before by waiting as little as a few days, so I pulled the trigger for $199.  I originally bought them in a size slightly too big, so I sent them back and should get the new pair of LB seconds tomorrow.  Depending on...
 I generally avoid saying "LOL" since that's what the kids usually say. But it's appropriate here!
 Sure I do.  You said the logic that "captoe=formal" was called into question because a casual boot had a captoe.  That doesn't meant captoes are suddenly considered less formal because someone made a casual boot with one.  It means there are a lot more things that go into the formality than just the toe, but that the general rule of the universe that cap toe indicates some level of formality remains unperturbed.