or Connect

Posts by BackInTheJox

Quick question on the seconds sale that ends today.   Technically, does the sale take an individual shoe and bring the price down to ~$150 (assuming you buy two pairs)?  I'm making this distinction, because i'm wondering what happens if you order two pairs of shoes, and one of them is already listed at less than $150.   For instance, let's say I wanted a pair of $99 seconds and a pair of $199 seconds.  Technically, that should be $298.  Would they still charge $299?...
  Wow, those are amazing!  Probably my holy grail when it comes to shoes I'm currently coveting.  Every detail is exactly what I'm looking for, and those look great. Are they the 7 last?  Or did you do a MacNeil 5 MTO?
 AE makes some fantastic shoes that can/should be staples in every man's shoe armada.  The problem is that, at least over the past few years, they seem to be trying too hard to come up with all sorts of new and innovative "twists" on good ideas, resulting often in disaster.  I applaud them for the effort and for trying to think outside the box; however, I feel like they could put a little more of their efforts into ensuring they had designs that were more solid before...
 FWIW, I've stalked the reviews of the Vernon and it seems it's nearly universal that people get those creases. That said, I've had my eye on them for a long time.  I absolutely love the 8 last, and am in the market for a medium brownish balmoral to pair with, say, a navy suit or other such thing.  I used to have a pair of chili Fairfaxes that sort of fit that role, but the 5 last just didn't do it for me, and I bought them too big, so I had to sell them. I just don't see...
 I second this.  Their best and best-looking last.
 I didn't mean to worry you.  If it makes you feel better, they were seconds (or worse) . . . bought them on ebay in nearly new condition, but they have "No Wararnty" stamped on the sole, which I think usually indicates they are even worse than seconds.  But they look great to me and I see no other defects, so I'm wondering if one of the problems/the main problem was that they were completely lasted wrong, or the wrong size was printed and they're actually 9.5D in...
 I own a pair of the Williams and the Eagle County, both in 9.5E.  The EC's fit great, and the Williams are still much too narrow.  Which is odd since they're the same last.  
 MTM has been the only thing that works for me.  I'm a serious lifter/bodybuilder as well, and I'm 5'7" with a 42/31 drop.  Nothing off the wrack has been tailorable for me, and suit separates are usually junky brands/fabrics.
 What do you use to treat your Eagle County boots?  Mine look decidedly lighter and dry, but I haven't really put anything on except a little AE conditioner cleaner a couple times, which does nothing.  I'd be interested in getting a slightly darker/deeper color like yours.
 I, too, use the old AE cognac for my walnut shoes (I don't have any Saphir products).  It's the perfect color . . . just a hair lighter than the walnut leather, with no hints of any orange hues. Also, I really wish those 6pm Daltons came in wide widths!