or Connect

Posts by BackInTheJox

A moc toe boot like you describe, coupled with a mini-lug outsole, would be excellent.  As it stands now there is very little about AE offerings that excite me, but that would get my wallet open again.
I can't believe they brought it [the grey color] back at all. With all due respect to the gentlemen on this forum, I could never understand or appreciate the grey shoe aesthetic whatsoever. I can't imagine they sold well.
Wow, 200 gbp for Islays . . . So jealous.
Walnut Daltons on an overcast Monday.
I like the Alex for that quite a bit.I have a poor man's substitute, the Caine from To Boot New York.
I couldn't remember in which C&J thread someone asked the question, but someone wanted to know how much it cost to ship back my 8E Pembrokes to London.   I priced it with UPS and they said it would be "in the three digits" due to the lack of "ground shipping" internationally with them (they would basically have to do overnight air).  Went to USPS and it cost ~$60.  Pricey, but obviously well worth the $60 to prevent myself from having ~$1500-1600 worth of shoes that are...
I couldn't remember in which C&J thread someone asked the question, but someone wanted to know how much it cost to ship back my 8E Pembrokes to London.   I priced it with UPS and they said it would be "in the three digits" due to the lack of "ground shipping" internationally with them (they would basically have to do overnight air).  Went to USPS and it cost ~$60.  Pricey, but obviously well worth the $60 to prevent myself from having ~$1500-1600 worth of shoes that are...
Next in line, just thinking ahead. Thanks for the heads up.
So for my GMTO Lindricks, I prefer a lighter color than what I've seen as their "standard" dark brown. What did then be wise to use some sort of product to clean off the additional cream? Or is it not a Cordovan cream that they're putting on, but rather some other sort of finishing that should not be tampered with?
Really? I feel like the dark brown I've seen (Lindricks, Dundees, etc) look a lot darker than what I picture cognac being. Maybe that's due to whatever finishing they add?