or Connect

Posts by BackInTheJox

As was pointed out by the other poster, the Sanderson is on the 2 last, and the McGregor is on the 5 last. The Williams, part of the independence collection, is the rough equivalent of the Sanderson. The Williams never came in tan/walnut, though.  Just black and brown.
  Wear them in good health!  Out of all my AE shoes (~12-15 pairs, I forget at the moment), my tan RL Sandersons are my favorite.
 Biggest thing for me is this is not on the awful 333 last.  The Larchmont has always been a nonstarter for me.
I'm loving the new McGregor.  I already own the RL Sanderson (similar longwing on the 2 last) in both tan and brown, but am so tempted to just snatch up a McGregor in brown, walnut, and chili.  
 Seriously, a lighter welt would look so much better.
 And now offer the Long Branch in Golden Brown CXL (awesome) and Black (meh). http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF6021_1_40000000001_-1_
 I think it's a lot more likely that you'll see a bunch of shell disappear from the site.  And there isn't much to begin with.
 I had been eyeing a pair of Long Branches for a long time, and they were stuck at $199 throughout all the sales I saw.  I finally pulled the trigger and bought a pair at that price, and I can't wait until the weather is appropriate to wear them. I'm on the fence about how to care for them/treat them.  I applied a little conditioner cleaner when they first arrived.  I'm sure the saddle soap or leather lotion by AE are good too.  I have some Obenauf's HDLP, but I'm not sure...
Honestly, I don't think those look too bad. I got tan seconds as well with an almost identical defect, and kept them and love them. I doubt anyone else really notices, and it doesn't bother me. Especially for $129 or whatever I paid.
 Very similar, but not quite the same.  The tab that goes across the top of the shoe does not extend all the way down the sides on the Singleton (which I prefer), whereas it does on the Randolph.