or Connect

Posts by herringbonePete

I'm a 7F to 7.5F in the 026 last.Bit of a wide foot - got to ensure I am wearing thin socks... PM sent - cheers
 +1I also recommend not trying too hard - I personally find that hipster and fashion always makes me look childish. Classic all the way.  I always wear proper shoes, never trainers,  to clean the lines. Clothes have to fit but I have never hemmed jeans. The secret is to be in proportion- as a matter of fact, I do tuck always - apart from t-shirts and polos because otherwise I look frumpy. I always wear classic clothes so I have an excuse to tuck in. Another thing that...
CD, my Seamaster has been losing time over the last few months - next to useless. I was about to take it to a horologist in Buleen. Instead, over the break, I took it to a man who operates from a small kiosk in a department store in Mexico City. He opened the back, (with some difficulty), prodded a small part - I think it was the mainspring, and told me to come back in a few days if it wasn't improved. The watch is back to normal and I did not part with a cent! (I asked my...
 Certainly I have seen Vietnam and China on labels (not at the same time!)  of 2 shirts bought at the same time from the same shop.
 Think FXH was being his usual cynical self :  the point I would make is that we seem to live in a world where we are fooled in to thinking it's all some hedonist wonderland...'of choice' (following our passions) the reality is that we all have to work. BTW - I thank FXH for his silk pocket hankie freebie - in the finest tradition of SF - we had a meetup the other day and the goods were handed over..
Sportsdirect.com ?
I see the idea of cutaways as 'more formal' as a 'rule' that need not be a rule.   As I have said before I wear cutaways all the time - hardly no exceptions - and I've learnt it the hard way:   I find point collars tend to squash against my collar bones without a tie and a squashed collar is a messy collar. Cutaways lie neatly away, horizontally, under a crewneck jumper or a jacket.   It's a style that sometimes loses recognition!    
Agreed Guilty as charged M'Lud You put it very well. I thought that perhaps this is where your problem lay - and yes - I was concentrating on technique, Matt. I suppose though that beauty is well in the eye of the beholder - where technically perfect pieces can fail - but that those which are not are truly great - in their own right.I am reminded of the History of Art - whereby, in cycles, moreorless, painters sometimes painted what they wanted to see - and sometimes...
 +1  It reminds me of the marketing we have seen this last 15 years or so - 'It's YOUR choice - YOU decide. (Do we really have the choice?)   Tell me where the flaws lie? I am not an artist - and am happy to be critiqued. I do not claim to be an expert - but I do know that you can turn someone into a much better better photographer in an hour - but you won't do the same with paint. I do not pretend to trulyunderstand what it means to be an artist - (is this the problem you...