Posts by herringbonePete

Excellent ! My seamaster started losing time 3 years ago (hours in a day) and then ground to a halt. And the crown stripped its threads...let this be a lesson.
There is an ex-omega tech with his own workshop in Bulleen. Or was! I'm looking to take my 19 year seamaster there.
Couldn't agree more. Men are far more fitted now a days due to a sense of self-consciousness around media, but I also concede it is trends being imposed...before 1998 every man wore baggy colourful clothes. The change to metro glasses, beards and ultra-grooming suddenly arrived around the 2000s and all that has happened is that clothes have gone ultra fitted this last few years. I remember the change in fashion around 1998 in London it was a massive change : from colourful...
I've just got burnt by some twill luxury shirts.Nasty, scratchy, coarse rather visible weave. The irony is that I'm washing them twice to soften..I've decided to stick to poplin and their herringbones.
I wear my TM Lewins once a week and get 2 years in office duty and then 2 or more on a casual basis. The secret simply is to wash on a 15 minute cold wash and 'hanger dry'. Iron no starch. Any deviation from this will surely shorten the life span.They have declined in even the last 7 years as I got more than 2 years out of my older ones. You need to be careful about online these days as I've just got 2 luxury shirts where the cloth is a bit rough and disappointing.Still, I...
Time for some more summer staples. I got some Uniqlo polos and chino shorts from the Emporium store before Christmas but they had sold out of my preferred Salmon (or pink) colour so I opted for the lighter blue. I ordered more on line (which got to me at work the next day!) and its noticeable that the design on the shorts is different : a back button on the pocket online and none in store. Inside waistline band varies. Sizing and cut the same. Could this be down to stock...
Blowers are great for clearing gutters on a hot day after dry weather and for clearing Tarmac areas IF you can blow on to grass and then have the time to rake up and have space to herd up the leaves :-)
Would also get to a January meet - cheersPSWhat about today's news : they're still dropping I see...
That reminds me of the time FXH observed that many men buy suits too large because they expect to be able to practically limber up in them ...
Worth discussing, I planned to hand over my watch at 21 considering 18 dubious : (surely he'd lose it ) but 25 perhaps more sensible. After all, I acquired it myself at 25.It needs fixing first : moral to the forum : get these watches serviced : my Omega Seamaster ground to a halt after a few months reliability problems...at about 16 years of age..I haven't got around to a quote. I don't particularly want to send it to Omega in Malvern but there is a man plus workshop in...