or Connect

Posts by herringbonePete

Jim Courier with a nice shirt and tie. Blue shirt, spread collar and red tie Colour choice not bad for a TV personality
As an ex-soldier I can say you can go from start to mirror in hours. The final mirror can be the hardest, perhaps incorporating your breath and cotton wool swabs. That said we used boots with much tougher and coarser leather.Even an hour with requisite skill is enough to get a good result with a high-end shoe. A toe-cap helps matters.Once a mirror, or near mirror is achieved, maintenance is a fraction of time.I've never used strippers (!) or renovation products. I have...
It's very specific things that looked good or seemed a proposition. Most of us though will find other products that whilst costing a bit more represent significantly better value, but that takes experience, or simply knowledge.I've also read somewhere that companies that sell to Target also sell to high end retailers in the same way tools are made in Chinese factories and badged for different clients.
Love your work.As a matter of fact, I was in Target the other day buying yard boots and a lot of their stuff does actually pass muster these days. I would pass on their work shirts when you consider there is Tm Lewin with vastly superior stitching, fabric choice and collar construction and choice of cuts.
Tens of places do them on EBay: sort search results by postage and price ...
 I love burgundy knits. It seems that burgundy knit is almost the starting advice now from people of this forum.I don't think I have ever owned a red tie and now I think of it, it screams Labour Party - rightly or wrongly. I wore a burgundy wool tie with a blue shirt, (light blue) with cream suit to a wedding this year. Classic colours. What's happening to the Aus SF tie?
Gents Need a pair of cheap boat-shoes to wear, you guessed it - with no socks. Out after school to Milo cricket, on the deck, down to the beach. Will take some abuse.   No large amounts of money need change hands. Where in a suburban shopping mall, or in the CBD can I pick up a pair.   Blue (or brown) uppers, white/brown slim sole in the Topsider moccasin style with laces. (Not with chunky soles, as in the Timberlands you see people walking around in).   I don't...
12 days of, or before? Isn't 12th night Epithany?
My experience is that just about any cutaway or spread, semi or not, hides its points...which I like but it's not a necessity. If the points aren't long enough to go under a jacket then it's not a spread...I have seen exceptions in London with tiny spread collars but that seemed to be an exception...my 2.5 semi Tm Lewins hide ..I've just looked down...