or Connect

Posts by herringbonePete

Time for some more summer staples. I got some Uniqlo polos and chino shorts from the Emporium store before Christmas but they had sold out of my preferred Salmon (or pink) colour so I opted for the lighter blue. I ordered more on line (which got to me at work the next day!) and its noticeable that the design on the shorts is different : a back button on the pocket online and none in store. Inside waistline band varies. Sizing and cut the same. Could this be down to stock...
Blowers are great for clearing gutters on a hot day after dry weather and for clearing Tarmac areas IF you can blow on to grass and then have the time to rake up and have space to herd up the leaves :-)
Would also get to a January meet - cheersPSWhat about today's news : they're still dropping I see...
That reminds me of the time FXH observed that many men buy suits too large because they expect to be able to practically limber up in them ...
Worth discussing, I planned to hand over my watch at 21 considering 18 dubious : (surely he'd lose it ) but 25 perhaps more sensible. After all, I acquired it myself at 25.It needs fixing first : moral to the forum : get these watches serviced : my Omega Seamaster ground to a halt after a few months reliability problems...at about 16 years of age..I haven't got around to a quote. I don't particularly want to send it to Omega in Malvern but there is a man plus workshop in...
Good one : personally I think white can be too stark as an option, and that day to day, a pale blue shirt is as good, as a safe, starting point. I now only wear white for black tie and for interviews. I certainly don't wear white in shirt sleeve order or without a jacket these days.
Olympic Opening Ceremony : surely Hamish McLachlan has the most ill-fitting suits and too long cuffs in the business...aren't there wardrobe people employed to sort this stuff out!? Discuss ..
I would have voted in but am a tad sympathetic politically. Remember one thing : the UK never wanted a regulated federation EU superstate which a while back was a French-German fantasy about putting those countries at the heart of Europe. 40 years ago they wanted to join a economic community which was an extension of an original customs union. That was all. The likes of Greece etc show the debacle of this European dream
On a suburban train just outside rush hour... IGent blocking door by hanging his dry cleaning from rail near door. ID yourself !
I ski in a burnt orange alpine technical jacket. For some reason people assume I'm ski patrol, so I can't hang around too long in one place. It's the high-vis aspect...