or Connect

Posts by EgliComet

I put 35000 miles on a '99 R1100S when it came out. Had it for a little over a year and traded it for my KTM Adventure. So much slower than it looks.
Ah, yes.  Rumpledforeskin in his safety gear.
So classy.
Here's an idea, how about you two numbskulls take your pissing contest and flippant comments offline so we don't all have to keep laughing at how ridiculous you both sound.  
Well, I've been in the motorcycle industry for over 20 years, curate and manage one of the largest collections in the US and raced solo (rs125r and a Vincent), sidecar (bmw) and enduro (husqvarna) but all of that means absolutely nothing pertaining to my comment. Being obnoxiously rude doesn't get your point across...however well meaning it may be.
My god.  People will argue over anything.  
Here's my Campellone 16" non-cutaway archtop.  Short scale, Lollar CC pickup.      
It's over 50 degrees on Long Island today.  Seems like a good day for a ride on the Nortons.      
I used them on the street and then for racing sidecars where flexibility is most important as I was the monkey.  When I added the gp bike to the mix I figured I'd ride with them until I found something better.  Lesson learned. The gloves were Alpinestars GP-Pros.  I don't think anything could have prevented that injury as my finger was trapped between the bar and the pavement, which, at the time, was a sea shell composition.  It obliterated tires.  It did worse things to...
Nope, not solid at all.  They're extremely soft leather with no structure whatsoever.  I fell off at Roebling where I ripped off a finger and broke a couple of bones in my foot.  Afterwards, I had a pair of custom Held gloves made (it's funny how an empty finger looks like the reservoir tip....) and got some Sidi boots.  Vanson had to completely rebuild the left side of my leathers.   For what it's worth, I believe you can order them without the logo.