or Connect

Posts by EgliComet

I manage a private collection on Long Island.
It's an issue of load vs generator output. Much like the Shorai, the battery you reference needs a healthy voltage and wattage supply to maintain its charge. Seeing as the Alton only puts out 100 watts on average (150 peak) it falls on the inadequate side. Your Ducati puts out roughly 500 watts as comparison.In the end, I temporarily ditched the case and added a similarly sized AGM (14ah) that I painted with black crinkle paint. An hour in the machine shop and I was all...
I've got about 100 bikes right now in the garage with 4 different shift patterns (left hand up for first, right hand up for first, left hand down for first and left side hand shift). It just takes concentration.
What you aren't taking into account is the fact that below 9.2 volts a Shorai is effectively drained. Now this Vincent and the 100hp Vincent Egli parked next to it only produce about 100 watts. If a plug is fouled, the gas is a little crappy or I get stuck behind a friendly law enforcement agent in gridlock were I really shouldn't shut off my lights even though the generator isn't spinning fast enough to charge the battery and the voltage drops...I'm stuck on the side of...
I've got to find a 12V battery to fit inside a hollowed out stock battery shell.  Li-Ion won't work due to voltage requirements of the Grosset.  
Here you go.
Spent this morning installing a 12 volt system on the Rapide. Helllooooo adequate lighting... so nice to make your acquaintance
These just arrived. 10" Dress Brown SJ. Kyle at Baker's is the BEST to deal with.
I replaced my fork seals once and went through hell sorting out the carb--eventually I stuck on a Dellorto and that was way more tunable.  I did everything myself.  The RC8R is a much more modern beast though and I have no experience with that program.  
I purchased a pair of SJ on ebay that are non celastic. I manage a motorcycle collection for a living and I can definitely feel the shifter on top of my foot.I ordered a pair of Nomads for my boss and a pair of SJ with celastic toes for myself. They should be here next week.