or Connect

Posts by EgliComet

Ahhh Jennings GP.  I love that track but haven't been there in years (last time was on my BMW sidecar and also my RS125R).  I wonder if the old guy that was complaining about noise is still doing his thing...
I've got a pretty cool place in the East Atlanta Village that I'm probably going to sell (right up the street from Brother Moto) once my tenant's lease is up.  Complete with separate barn/workshop for all your moto needs... I moved away to NY for my job and haven't looked back...
I use compressed air to install and remove grips.  For a couple of bikes I safety wired them as well (RS125R and an Egli Vincent) Never had a problem and there's about 95 bikes in the garage right now...Soap can get slippery if the slightest amount of water gets under the grip.
I use a box that mounts under my plate to carry the reg and other papers....  Works great.
Is anyone going to the Brooklyn Invitational on Saturday?
er....bump. Offers?
For sale is a brand new Private White V.C. Waxed Cotton Bomber/Flight Jacket.  I purchased this with the intention of keeping it for the fall but decided it wasn't for me.  Retail is $620. They call the size a 5 but it was ordered as a size large from J Crew.  I wear a 42 and it fits spot on.   $350 plus shipping via USPS Priority Mail (~$20).  Payment via cash or paypal.  
Anyone in the NYC/Long Island area might be interested to know about a long term motorcycle display in Stony Brook at the Ward Melville Heritage Organization that runs until September 7th. There's about 50 bikes in it. I supplied a '74 Ducati 750 Sport and an early CB500K1. A good friend sent this '31 Norton International Manx along. Anyone in the area should check it out.
I dunno, I spent years racing a Honda RS125R and carrying corner speed.  There's something for me about riding a slow bike quickly that's way more fun than torque.  But different strokes for different folks...
Get a policy that states the agreed upon value.  The collection that I manage has about 100 bikes on it through Hagerty and we go through this with every vehicle.