or Connect

Posts by Moody Allen

Well, sure, when buying some cheap crap-kickers to get through the winter I generally could care less about their construction, but if the pair is Blake-stitched, like it looks to be the case with the pair above, it seems pretty ridiculous. Why don't they just glue them? Who knows what the collective mind of Russian designers and Chinese shoemakers thought of...
 dinowhite, yes, you are right. But the brand doesn't answer, and buying and disassembling the shoe isn't that practical either, so I thought that someone experienced here would be able to tell.   By the way, my lady friend has this pair of shoes by Hudson, and the construction seems to be pretty similar, at least the bonwelt and blake stitching part.
Thank you! So, being Blake-stitched, these shoe will actually have the stitching go through the sole into the chamber of the shoe, making them wet weather useless? Not a wise decision for a "hard-wearing" boot...
Could somebody please explain what kind of construction is this? These shoes are made by a local Russian brand. Styling is tacky, but the leather is actually pretty good. What bothers me, is that I can't understand what kind of construction is that. It seems that this is not a Goodyear welting — because the stitching pattern on the welt and on the sole is different. I wonder, what is stitched and what is glued here.    
I managed to find a Brannock's, and it says I am a 8 UK (it is a Salomon-branded Brannock). I guess it is the kind of US-1 size, so I must be a true 9. Because, obviously, I can't be a 8.5 US. So I guess 9 size 1000 Miles should be a spot-on?
Thank you. I think I will try a 9. Unfortunately, I have to order them online, so it well be guessing again. Hope it works this time!   (why do they suggest sizing down everywhere, anyway?...)
unintended doublepost
digga, that doesn't seem to be an issue with my pair, but thanks for the input! I'll keep it in mind if I get another pair.   Crane, well, I did size down at least half a size (it is hard to be precise, I usually wear 9-9.5, more likely a 9), because I bought them before I've read this thread with your advise. As for the lacing — it does not matter. I could pull the laces out and it still would be tight in the mentioned area. And I don't think I have a high instep —...
Mr. Crane, could you please comment on my issue?   I've bought the two-toned Addison in 8.5. They fit pretty good length-wise (have enough space in the toe-box), and comfortably snug width-wise, but the point where the vamp joins to the tongue is very tight on my instep, too tight to wear. I've heard that this is not an issue on the Original 1000 Mile boot — because of the single piece of leather on the vamp. What size Original boot would you suggest to order? Stay...
I honestly searched through the thread before asking, but please can anyone confirm the size of 1000 mile vs RW IR? As far as I figured out from this thread, they generally take the same size, but Wolverines are wider because of the IR being narrow. I own a pair of 8.5 IR, and they are uncomfortable for me (my guess they are too narrow; and size 9 were way too big). Does it mean that 8.5 Wolverines would probably fit me right? Also, is the fit same between classic 1000...