or Connect

Posts by Simon at Elite

That's fairly close. Three weeks for the standard suits and 4-5 for the hand stitched ones which are definitely worth the wait though
Yet one more happy Elite Suits customer.   In this business you are always going to get a certain number of disgruntled customers. There is just so much scope for human error to creep into the process. Obviously customers measuring incorrectly is the biggest. No matter how much you try to make the measurement process as simple as possible customers are going to make mistakes. However, there a few steps before the tailor gets the order and even I have made mistakes...
I'm surprised this hasn't gained more traction. I thought it was a great idea for a thread
Just shows what you can do when you follow the process. This is why we are doing the Milan/English fabric deal. A few tweaks on the first suit and the second one will be better
A couple of pics sent in by a customer who has bought 3 suits and a sports jacket.I'll post some today and the rest tomorrow. The interesting thing about these is you can see the progression as we tweaked his measurements   Here is the first suit       He's not standing straight which is pulling off the balance of the suit a bit but it's not a bad first effort. The jacket and sleeves are OK and the shoulders are close. I think the chest needs to come in...
  As I said, measuring yourself for a suit isn't rocket science. If you follow the instructions HERE then you should get reasonably close.   I strongly recommend you use existing clothing as much as you can. You haven't grown any taller though so you can use this to get the lengths right. Jacket and sleeve length as well as trouser outseam. If you carefully follow the instructions on the finished measurement guide which you can download from HERE then you will have them...
All our suits regardless of the price are fully guaranteed against tailoring errors. So the answer is yes.   Measuring for suit isn't rocket science. If you carefully follow the instructions we send you then your suit should fit. Those that have their suits altered usually just alter the chest, waist and hips of the jacket. The tailors make a standard allowance over the body measurements to allow for movement however it's impossible to meet every single individual...
On your first visit the site can appear quite daunting but it's not a complicated as you may think. We're not trying to be the next Indochino, we're looking to develop a customer base who want a better quality suit at a value for money price. So it's not just pretty pictures then point and click as there are already plenty of websites like that. We want you to buy a better quality suit and to do that we are going to have to tell you why it's a better quality suit and we...
Easy one for us   http://www.elitesuits.com/two-piece-mens-suit-bc-p-274.html   $299 for a fused canvas $399 for hand made full canvas with the suit made by real tailors instead of slapped together by machines in a factory and although these prices are about to rise (so get in early for a real bargain) the full canvas suits will still be well under USD$450 available in standard sizes or MTM whichever you prefer MTM is guaranteed to fit or we will either pay...
I think it depends on what you want the suit for. If it's a clubbing suit then shorter jackets, a tight fit and slightly shiny fabric is "in" right now. It's definitely not for work.   However, those trousers are very tight at the hips and thighs which is why they are bunching at the top of the legs.   Also your left shoulder slopes noticeably more than your right meaning that a standard off the rack suit will be off balance which is why there is a bit of a...