or Connect

Posts by Simon at Elite

Seeing nobody has replied so far I thought I'd comment. At the least it will bump you back up the list and may promote some discussion.   Have you considered looking online? We could make you a very nice hand tailored full canvas suit in your price range and we would be happy to make it in a standard OTR size if that's what you prefer.   If you want a standard OTR size then perhaps something sub $500 which would allow you enough for any necessary alterations and...
Definitely. While we mostly sell MTM, we do offer standard off the rack sizing for those that don't want to bother going through the measurement process or happen to be lucky enough to fit into a standard size suit.   Deciding on the finished measurements for off the rack sizing was a nightmare as it seemed almost every manufacturer used a different sizing chart. We eventually persuaded one of Asia's biggest off the rack suit manufacturers to send us their sizing chart...
The biggest issue you might find is the shoulders. A size 36 suit has a shoulder measurement around the 18" mark. If you're of a thin frame it may already be to big for you and going up to a size 38 is going to add around another inch   Fixing this after purchase would be expensive if it could be done successfully at all. So I'm in agreement with the previous comments
A rough guide for determining the amount of fabric for a suit with standard fabric widths     Jacket/overcoat: 2 X jacket length + 1 X sleeve length (check or big stripe need 20cm more) Trousers: 1.5 X outseam (check or big stripe need 20cm more) waistcoat: 1 X front waistcoat length (check or big stripe need 20cm more)  
If you will forgive me just a tad of self promotion but I think you will have to agree that it rare for a small Australian site to be reviewed in a fairly well read American based online magazine and I thought my fellow Australian members might be at least slightly interested to see how we stood up   http://ziprage.com/features/exclusive-reviews/elite-suits-review/#.UDvvZdblNgk   I think it shows that us Aussies can do it as good (obviously I think better but of...
Sorry but that's not correct at all. In fact, although still cheaper than most western cities,  Hong Kong is actually one of the most expensive places in Asia to buy a good suit. Anything decent will cost $1,500 and up.   People who say they bough a good suit in Hong Kong for $500 have simply bought a cheap factory made suit from one of the tourist traps. While they may have been shown some impressive fabric books the actual fabric used is some cheap generic...
A lot of people are intimidated by the measurement requirements for online suiting but it's not exactly rocket science. Anyone with any sort of experience with a tape measure should be able to do a good job. As a perfect example I had a customer who purchased a $1,300 suit who had himself measured by a carpenter who just happened to be doing some work on his house at the time (I would have loved being part of that conversation). When the suit was delivered the customer...
Like most large Asian cities, Hong Kong can be a great place to buy a good suit at a value for money price. However, as noted above you still have to spend some decent money. If you buy a cheap suit then that's exactly what you will get just a little bit cheaper than a cheap suit in the USA.   Too many of the so called tailor ships in Asian cities are anything but. All they are is a front for the big Asian suit factories who mass produce poor quality cheap fused suits by...
OK I can answer this one   The first link is for Bespokeway. It's a Tetron + Ryon + Wool (60%, 20%, 20%) blend fused canvas suit made in a factory in Pakistan   The second I'm not as certain however I would not be surprised if it was the same suit just sold by a different seller.   As for quality, I'd suggest it would be what you would expect for the price and certainly not for a Styleforum member. I tend to think of these type of suits as something for the non suit...
Ok I'll correct you. Indochino suits are not half canvassed. I know where they have their suits made and know how they are constructed. Perhaps you should read this   http://www.indochino-review.com/2010/05/indochino-suit-construction-canvassed.html   Furthermore, I made a comment on fused suits and the general suit buying public's reluctance to pay a little extra to buy a higher quality suit. I nowhere mentioned Indochino. The fact is I'm a bit of a fan of what they do,...