or Connect

Posts by Simon at Elite

Fabrics change. You can't keep offering the same fabrics forever. People want something new. The upgrade of our shirting range has led to an influx of orders from existing customers keen to try the new fabrics. If the customer that has purchased 19 shirts decides he wants more I will be surprised if he complains about being able to order a superior grade of cotton. We believe it's all about the customer having a choice. You can pick what grade of fabric you want then...
It's companies like these that give the rest of us in the industry a bad name. That jacket is way to short and I don't think any reputable suit company would want one of their customers wearing it. I have a similar story on short jackets.   I had a customer order one of our Super Slim Suits. Now this cut is supposed to have a shorter jacket, sleeve and trouser length however when we received the measurements the jacket length compared to the customers height appeared way...
We sell hundreds of custom made shirts every month. Like our suits we always give our customers a choice of fabric grades. What we find remarkable is that it's the customers who buy the basic cotton who seem to be the most satisfied.They are more likely to email to tell us how much they love their new shirts and more likely to reorder. One customer ordered three to start with then placed two more orders for three more and on the fourth order didn't mess around and ordered...
One of our big areas of business is weddings. We supply suits for grooms and their wedding party for five or six weddings every week all over the world.   One of the grooms from a wedding in Germany sent me some shots of his Milan Tux. The poses aren't great to show of the suit but at least this time it's been pressed.    
Do you fit in an off the rack shirt or would you be better to have them custom made?   You can read our opinion HERE   What do you think? Is off the rack OK for you?
Here's something a little different     This is a suit made form one of the Clissold fabrics. It's a light brown birdseye   Many years ago brown suits were extremely popular but have certainly gone out of fashion today. Frankly I don't know why as I think they look good especially on a guy with a good silhouette.   This is one of our "Almost Bespoke" packages with world class wool and full hand stitching. It's a great suit that looks good and wear well.   You...
 Again not a bad first up effort. A few minor tweaks and the next suit will look even better. This is part of our  BACK TO WORK SPECIAL Two fully hand tailored full canvas suitsAn extra pair of trousers for each to extend the wear time of each suitFive custom made shirts That's 11 pieces (2 jackets, 4 trousers and 5 shirts) for the incredible price of $999 or around $940 in US dollars Now that's great value
If you follow the instructions above you should end up with something like this           Not absolutely perfect but getting there and a good effort for a first go at a MTM suit. would look better if he had the suit pressed first and wore shoes.   The fabric     is a nice Italian milled s130's cloth and the suit is a fully canvassed Beijing Collection suit
I've said many times that measuring yourself for a MTM suit isn't rocket science. It's really not as hard as many people think. One of the things that really bothers me is when people email me to say that their new jacket is too long or short. You can bet that they will sat that it say 5cm longer/shorter than their other suit jacket. This makes me what to write back to them with, what to me, is the obvious question why didn't you measure your existing jacket when doing the...
That's fairly close. Three weeks for the standard suits and 4-5 for the hand stitched ones which are definitely worth the wait though