or Connect

Posts by Simon at Elite

Easy   A good quality full canvas tux in a 100% wool is available starting at $448   The Beijing Tuxedo . It comes with a polyviscose lining and resin buttons but you can upgrade to a genuine Japanese made Bemberg lining and buffalo horn buttons for only an extra $49 So that's a total of $497 for everything.  I'm not a fan of silk lining on suits but if you want that instead of bemberg we can do that for the same price.   That will make a nice tuxedo for under 500...
I have visited many Chinese suit factories, including one that makes some of the Indochino suits and I'll be going to another this week, and they are as clean as you would expect any factory to be. Some are better than others but none are what i would call pristine nor would I expect a factory to be so. I certainly wouldn't eat off any of the floors. Australian merino wool is regarded as the world's best suiting wool and exported to mills all over the world. I don't think...
Our standard suits come with a quality polyviscose lining and resin buttons. It's a fairly standard inclusion across the industry and we try our best to use better than average quality so that for the money our customers are getting the best suit possible.   However, we now offering an upgrade package for those who want the best possible finish to their suit. For just a little more you can have a genuine 100% Japanese made bemberg lining and real American buffalo horn...
I'm currently in Shanghai attending the international textile fair. It's given me the chance to meet with suppliers from all over the world. One of the most surprising things was how many times I was told by some famous name suppliers I have never dealt with that they have heard of our small company, It appears our reputation is growing in the right places. One of the worlds biggest names in English suiting cloth is very keen for me to meet with their sales manager....
In this business there is always going to be things that go wrong. It doesn't matter where you buy your suit occasionally things will go awry. You only need to read some of the other MTM threads on Styleforum to see that. With so much human involvement there is always a chance of an error creeping in, Most of the problems with suits are caused my us being supplied with incorrect measurements. It's expected in the industry and we have processes to handle it including our No...
Fabrics change. You can't keep offering the same fabrics forever. People want something new. The upgrade of our shirting range has led to an influx of orders from existing customers keen to try the new fabrics. If the customer that has purchased 19 shirts decides he wants more I will be surprised if he complains about being able to order a superior grade of cotton. We believe it's all about the customer having a choice. You can pick what grade of fabric you want then...
It's companies like these that give the rest of us in the industry a bad name. That jacket is way to short and I don't think any reputable suit company would want one of their customers wearing it. I have a similar story on short jackets.   I had a customer order one of our Super Slim Suits. Now this cut is supposed to have a shorter jacket, sleeve and trouser length however when we received the measurements the jacket length compared to the customers height appeared way...
We sell hundreds of custom made shirts every month. Like our suits we always give our customers a choice of fabric grades. What we find remarkable is that it's the customers who buy the basic cotton who seem to be the most satisfied.They are more likely to email to tell us how much they love their new shirts and more likely to reorder. One customer ordered three to start with then placed two more orders for three more and on the fourth order didn't mess around and ordered...
One of our big areas of business is weddings. We supply suits for grooms and their wedding party for five or six weddings every week all over the world.   One of the grooms from a wedding in Germany sent me some shots of his Milan Tux. The poses aren't great to show of the suit but at least this time it's been pressed.    
Do you fit in an off the rack shirt or would you be better to have them custom made?   You can read our opinion HERE   What do you think? Is off the rack OK for you?