or Connect

Posts by Simon at Elite

I really dislike that wide stripe on the trousers. Is this what you asked for?   Normally the trouser outseam is just piped with satin. Something LIKE THIS   I'm actually sending the picture to our tailors to make sure we're not doing this as well
  The Spring Break holiday, which includes the lunar new year celebrations, always plays havoc with our production and delivery schedules. I can only imagine what it does for a company the size of Indochino. Then to make it even worse the break was a little longer this time than in past years. So as much as it's frustrating you may need to cut them a little slack at this time of year.   To top it off we had an exceptionally busy January and February in terms of sales so...
The jacket is an inch or two shorter then standard but slightly shorter jackets are in fashion at the moment   Did you press the jacket before the photos? The collar isn't sitting properly but a good press may solve it.   I don't think the shoulders are flawed. I think the problem is that you carry your arms forward quite considerably. In all the photos your arms seem to be held at a 30 degree forward angle. This is an exceptionally large angle even for an "arms forward"...
  A 40% Return rate??? They must operate at a massive markup. I'd certainly go broke at the margins I operate on.   Each month I set a budget for refunds, alteration credits and replacements based on the previous months sales. While 90% of the problems are caused by the customers getting their measurements wrong (although we catch most of them in our checking system) the tailors occasionally make errors and as much as I hate to admit it there have been instances where...
  The problem with online MTM is that the customer is under the impression that they can simply send in a set of measurements and receive a perfectly fitting suit in the mail. In reality the chances of this happening are very slim. The online MTM industry itself has to take a fair share of the blame for this mistaken belief.   Apart from being supplied with the wrong measurements there are a number of reasons why the suit won't fit properly straight out of the box. For a...
Thanks Prof. B. and others for your feedback and I'm happy to agree with every word you say.  Be assured we are aware of the shortcomings of our website. I even wrote a BLOG POST about it. Where not altogether new having recently celebrated our second birthday and thinks to ever increasing sales we are lucky enough to be a profitable business so money isn't the issue either.   Plans have been afoot for a while for a new website the issue is that nobody can give us an...
Elite Suits recently took the plunge to become an official Styleforum Affiliate Vendor. There has been something I've been desperately keen to bring to the attention of my fellow Australian Styleforum members that now I can.   Unlike the vast majority of online suit retailers, we source our own fabrics independently of our tailors. We have formed an alliance with a fabric merchant based in Huddersfield England. This is considered the world over as the home of fine...
I understand what you have to say about suit prices in many European countries. In places like Norway and Sweden etc they are close to out right robbery.Our American friends don't know how lucky they are sometimes. It's for that reason we ship quite a few suits to European destinations.   On a budget of €300 - €400 though there a few places that can supply a full canvas suit thus solving your worry about the fusing issue although I have to agree with others that's it's...
Wedding are big business for us and we usually do at least couple every week. As such, I can safely report there has been a trend in moving away from plain black to a dark navy or midnight blue. This is especially so in Europe and we are seeing this trend more and more in both Australia and North America.   Forget the groomsmen wearing their existing black suits as conformity among the groomsmen is important for the wedding pics and their existing suits are highly...