or Connect

Posts by Simon at Elite

I think both sides of this argument have merit and in some cases both sides are wrong.   If you're getting multiple fittings at the various stages of construction of your suit then it's bespoke. Where the actual tailoring done is irrelevant. There is no difference in stitching a suit in a workshop in Melbourne as compared to a workshop in Lisbon or Shanghai. Many bespoke tailors all over the world today are outsourcing their actual tailoring.   However, if you're going...
Why are you paying $500 or more for a fused canvas suit?   Here are My Thoughts on Suit Canvas Methods
 I agree completely but aren't you really talking about the top end of the market with suits costing $2,000, $3,000 or even more? If you go into 90% of the so called tailors that have physical stores what you will see is suits and shirts, fabric samples and possibly even some bolts of cloth. What you won't see is any signs of anybody actually making suits and if you go back six months later you will see those same bolts of cloth sitting there untouched. Very few...
The reason Miyhalle purchased the suit from us is not going to be explained by pictures of him wearing the suit. For a start we had no control over the final fit. He sent us a suit with the instructions to replicate the size exactly which is what we did so his new suit will fit the same as the suit he sent us. On all the online suit threads there is an obsession with fit. Sure, it's important that a suit fits properly but when it gets down to it the quality of the fit...
A lot of people won't order a custom made suit online because they are worried about getting the measurements right. I've said many times that it's not rocket science and when you consider the number of suits we sell we actually have very few problems with wrong measurements.There are many ways you can check that your measurements are right and even if you are out by a centimetre or two there is usually enough margin for small errors or at worst it's easily and...
People ask us what makes us different from the hundreds of other online suit companies. Well the majority are simply order takers for the big Asian suit factories. They simply take your order and send it with your measurements to the only factory they deal with who slap your fused canvas suit together by machine using a low grade fabric. Once the online suit company take the order the factory does everything. They supply the fabric make the suit and ship it   We have 11...
Easy   A good quality full canvas tux in a 100% wool is available starting at $448   The Beijing Tuxedo . It comes with a polyviscose lining and resin buttons but you can upgrade to a genuine Japanese made Bemberg lining and buffalo horn buttons for only an extra $49 So that's a total of $497 for everything.  I'm not a fan of silk lining on suits but if you want that instead of bemberg we can do that for the same price.   That will make a nice tuxedo for under 500...
I have visited many Chinese suit factories, including one that makes some of the Indochino suits and I'll be going to another this week, and they are as clean as you would expect any factory to be. Some are better than others but none are what i would call pristine nor would I expect a factory to be so. I certainly wouldn't eat off any of the floors. Australian merino wool is regarded as the world's best suiting wool and exported to mills all over the world. I don't think...
Our standard suits come with a quality polyviscose lining and resin buttons. It's a fairly standard inclusion across the industry and we try our best to use better than average quality so that for the money our customers are getting the best suit possible.   However, we now offering an upgrade package for those who want the best possible finish to their suit. For just a little more you can have a genuine 100% Japanese made bemberg lining and real American buffalo horn...
I'm currently in Shanghai attending the international textile fair. It's given me the chance to meet with suppliers from all over the world. One of the most surprising things was how many times I was told by some famous name suppliers I have never dealt with that they have heard of our small company, It appears our reputation is growing in the right places. One of the worlds biggest names in English suiting cloth is very keen for me to meet with their sales manager....