or Connect

Posts by Simon at Elite

Did you hear that bell again Frank.   I post then you post a few minutes later
  As you would expect I'm going to disagree with this. When I go into the CBD I would say around half if not more of the suits I see don't fit properly and nearly 100% of them would be OTR. Sit in a cafe sometime and watch the people go past and you will see some shocking fitting suits. Every single thing I see people say about MTM suits I see every day in OTR suits   You say it only takes a few centimetres rounded up for the suit to be a mess yet then you recommend...
I'll point out that this is a remake of your first suit under our No Worries Guarantee policy and the measurements we used for this suit were significantly different to the measurements that were originally provided and did include a major increase to the requested jacket length.   It's difficult to make a good assessment due to the way your standing with your arms behind your back which pulls the suit out of position but the shoulders look pretty close and the torso...
This weeks specials from Huddersfield Cloth are up on the Affiliate Thread.   In this weeks there is a very nice navy "Cool Wool" that's worth a look at
  I also agree but you can bet that in many cases the RTW has been altered to fit. As much as MTM companies would love to send every person a perfectly fitting suit the final fit will depend on the accuracy of the measurements provided.Also one persons idea of a good fitting suit may be completely different to someone else's. I tell my customers that their suit may need a slight tweak after delivery to get that close to perfect fit.   I also see quite a large number of...
If you have five or so minutes to spare there are a couple of my typical verbose (sorry) postings on the affiliate thread   One with some new specials from Huddersfield Cloth at some unbelievably low prices including a grey Price of Wales wool/silk blend that's on special for less than one seventh of it's normal price. This means I can sell a suit that I would normally charge $2,699 for at only $999. There is also a suiting offer not to be missed.   The second...
Was that a bell I hear?
Seriously Frank you seem to be obsessed with Elite Suits. It's like Pavlov's dogs. I make a post and straight way you come back with a derogatory comment. It's actually rather amusing.   Keep going though. I getting more and more orders from SF members (including two yesterday) so it would seem I'm not the only one who finds your replies funny.   It's rather quaint how you seem to think that my tailors have some magical ability to make suits that fit a customer perfectly...
  I didn't say that was their only form of training but it's where they started learning. Even in Asia they recognise the importance of developing skills and keeping up to date with modern techniques.   I have had the benefit of watching experienced tailors construct a suit and it's a fascinating experience.   Hi Dusty   I actually rarely get to see the finished suit as it's normally delivered from my Shanghai office. So it's really up to Michael.   I have a customer who...
The problem with online MTM is that people expect to send in a set of measurements and get back a perfectly fitting suit and that's not going to happen. It might be a reasonable or even a good fit but it's not going to fit perfectly. There are three main steps to a good fitting suit, the measurements, the construction and the final fitting and alteration.   If you go to your local tailor they will do all three for a price. They will take your measurements, send those...