or Connect

Posts by Simon at Elite

Gee Frank. I'm sorry your experience with Elite Suits was so displeasing. Oh hang on. You've never bought anything so actually you have no experience with us at all. Unlike the many Elite Suit customers who were so pleased with their new suits that they have posted positive reviews in many places and reordered time and time again Just like the customer who received their $1,300 suit on Tuesday and was so happy with it that he ordered two more overnight. You know in this...
If you're not sure about the various type of suit canvas then these two blog posts may be worth a read Fused Canvas v Full Canvas A Full Canvas Makes a Better Suit If you want a more unbiased opinion read any of THESE ARTICLES. They all say basically the same thing A full canvas makes a better suit The only reason you would buy an inferior half canvas or fused suit is price so my question is if you can buy a fully tailored full canvas suit for the same price, or in many...
Perhaps a little. A suit jacket should just cover your backside. We suggest that the jacket should end level with your knuckles when your hand is resting by your side.   That said, there is a trend today to shorter jackets
The first measurement is the shoulder the second is the yoke. They are two different measurements. Most suitmakers want the first one.
I think both sides of this argument have merit and in some cases both sides are wrong.   If you're getting multiple fittings at the various stages of construction of your suit then it's bespoke. Where the actual tailoring done is irrelevant. There is no difference in stitching a suit in a workshop in Melbourne as compared to a workshop in Lisbon or Shanghai. Many bespoke tailors all over the world today are outsourcing their actual tailoring.   However, if you're going...
I have visited many Chinese suit factories, including one that makes some of the Indochino suits and I'll be going to another this week, and they are as clean as you would expect any factory to be. Some are better than others but none are what i would call pristine nor would I expect a factory to be so. I certainly wouldn't eat off any of the floors. Australian merino wool is regarded as the world's best suiting wool and exported to mills all over the world. I don't think...
It's companies like these that give the rest of us in the industry a bad name. That jacket is way to short and I don't think any reputable suit company would want one of their customers wearing it. I have a similar story on short jackets.   I had a customer order one of our Super Slim Suits. Now this cut is supposed to have a shorter jacket, sleeve and trouser length however when we received the measurements the jacket length compared to the customers height appeared way...
I'm surprised this hasn't gained more traction. I thought it was a great idea for a thread
Easy one for us   http://www.elitesuits.com/two-piece-mens-suit-bc-p-274.html   $299 for a fused canvas $399 for hand made full canvas with the suit made by real tailors instead of slapped together by machines in a factory and although these prices are about to rise (so get in early for a real bargain) the full canvas suits will still be well under USD$450 available in standard sizes or MTM whichever you prefer MTM is guaranteed to fit or we will either pay...
I think it depends on what you want the suit for. If it's a clubbing suit then shorter jackets, a tight fit and slightly shiny fabric is "in" right now. It's definitely not for work.   However, those trousers are very tight at the hips and thighs which is why they are bunching at the top of the legs.   Also your left shoulder slopes noticeably more than your right meaning that a standard off the rack suit will be off balance which is why there is a bit of a...