or Connect

Posts by scatterbrain

Thanks.The tailor did remeasure me after I gained the weight. I think he may have used the old measurements to make the jacket.Thanks. I plan to ask him to let it out as much as he can, and then put it in the closet until I lose some weight and it fits properly.
Don't read any currently. Don't know of any. Haven't looked for one, but would read fairly regularly if it were focused on conservative menswear/style instead of #menswear.You'd probably gets lots of free stuff, which is a cool bonus.
Description sounds great, but might want to dial back the pick stitching on the full production run. Collar, lapel, all pockets, and shoulder are nice, but I feel like the darts, vents, and cuffs are overkill... Shoulder pick stitching is as fancy as I get, and would already make the suit a little different.Would be cool to see the 3.75" lapel. Some feel 3.75 is too much, but I like it.
 Bump. I really don't know what to say to the tailor other than that it just seems too tight all around. I would appreciate if anyone has more specific guidance.
I know I'm late to the party here, but YES.  Right now the only Canadian option I know for full-canvas under $1000 is to wait for Samuelsohn to go on sale at HR. Normally most are 999-1199+ Other than that, there's the option of ordering from out of country (duties, US exchange, and inability to try on in person are all significant downsides). I agree with @Ebichuman, the cut is there now. The Model 2 was really good. I've worn my Model 1 suit pretty hard for a year now...
Yes. That is what I mean. Basted sleeves are ideal, imo. I'm still a little concerned undoing the buttonhole may leave the fabric scarred. No one other than me is likely to notice if it did, but still... Then there's the matter of either leaving three buttons, or adding the fourth, and then the stitching might not match, etc. Only the really anally retentive would care about such things...  Cool that you have real horn buttons, btw. You should consider smoked real smoked...
 If you are a 40 in Samuelsohn you are likely a 40 in Benjamin. I am consistently a 42 in Samuelsohn right now (suits and coats) and will be ordering a 42 in Benjamin. If you are buying a "napoli" fit jacket, you definitely don't need to size up, as they had more room in the waist off the rack. Also, unlike many OTR jackets, there's a bit of room to have the waist let out. 40 would likely be better for you in the shoulders/chest/length, so a 40 might be a better fit even...
 Please post pics when done!  I spoke with Raj, and he doesn't do a completely unstructured jacket. The closest he gets is light padding (which is actually still quite structured). That's fine for me for suits and more formal coats, but I will be going somewhere else for an unstructured and unlined jacket in the future. Will likely try either Spier & MacKay's top tier or Kent Wang for Italian-styled jackets next.
 The two Benjamin purple line jackets I have (cashmere blend and pure cashmere) are amazing. They make me want more of this super-comfortable cashmere. They are definitely warm, though. I probably won't be able to wear them again until November. I'm moving more towards trying to obtain year-round jackets. I have four jackets that are just for winter, and they take up a ton of closet space but are not being worn for 6 months of the year. As tempting as pure cashmere is, I...
One suggestion - on the next round of Bella Spalla, would you consider not having the pre-sewn sleeve buttonhole outlines? Either that or moving the buttonhole stitching up an inch (which might be too high on many people)?   I have short t-rex arms. I need to shorten a size 42r by 2" in the sleeves. I'm not even sure that's possible in the current batch - to get to 24.5" - and I don't trust a tailor to shorten from the shoulder when the neopolitan shoulder is one of the...