or Connect

Posts by flvinny521

Well, maybe my language was a bit harsh, in that the collars seem "wrong" by my preference, but maybe not the preference of others. For example, I'd prefer if a shirt like this was a button down collar, or something softer, but it's the exact same collar that's used on a business shirt, like this. These are things I'd likely change on a MTM order, but last time I looked through the available fabrics, I didn't find much that interested me for that particular need I was...
Yes, I definitely notice a difference there. To me, the bottom pair is noticeably sleeker, but they also look pointy enough to be used as a weapon in a pinch. I think the part that turns me off the most is the sharp transition from the laces to the toe box. When referring to the waist of the shoe, is that the mid point all the way around the entire shoe, bisecting it horizontally?
 Please do, I'll be happy to know if this works well.   Honestly I was picking out of the sale fabrics, so staples weren't included. Most of my shirts have been coming from Luxire, and exclusively in those fabrics you recommended, but I thought I could add a few at a much cheaper price this way. I also noticed that a lot of the RTW shirts have the "wrong" collars, but it also seems like the RTW fabrics are not always available in MTM. Is this true, or are they just...
Grabbed four shirts that were delivered yesterday. Contemporary fit isn't perfect for me, but it's pretty close, so I bought two casual and two business shirts. I'm now having second thoughts on this one. The stripes are very dark charcoal, almost black, which makes me think the shirt will work only with a black tie. Anybody else have this shirt or any suggestions on how to wear it? At this point I think I may return it unopened in exchange for something...
In every single shoe-oriented thread, people praise or deride a shoe's last based on it's "sleekness." Does anybody else have trouble comparing two shoes and deciding if one is "sleeker" than the other? Unless there is an obvious distinction, like an oxford vs. Doc Martens, then I am completely incapable of making that comparison.
Bought a few Spier and Mackay shirts on sale to hold me over while I work on my Luxire pattern. Their contemporary fit works pretty well for me. I bought this one maybe a bit hastily, and now I'm wondering if I should return it. In person, the stripes are quite dark, like charcoal, but could even appear black. What say you, Noodlers? How would you wear this shirt?
    I'm about 5'7.5" (171.5cm), and I just realized that my ideal BOC jacket length and my inseam length are identical. I wonder if this is the ideal "balance."
  Allow me to assist you, for once:  http://luxire.com/products/oxford-pale-grey-university-stripes
 I went to a local mall and tried on jeans at both Macy's and JC Penney's. I knew that there would be a difference in the quality of jeans at the two stores, but I found a HUGE difference in sizing as well. I tried on a perfect pair of 513s in 33x30 at Macy's, but they had the wrong color. I walked over to JCP, found the right color, and couldn't even get them over my thighs. I don't have any mainline Levi's stores near me, only an outlet. If I buy off Amazon, should I...
501STF for a first pair? I'm heading to try on some pre-shrunk Levi's today or tomorrow, but I think I'll be a 33x30 or 34x30. I'm planning to grab a pair the same size in waist and 2" longer off Amazon because I have a 20% off coupon. I don't wear denim all that often, mainly because the few pairs I have don't fit well any more, but I have been thinking about getting a pair for a while.   I guess the other popular option for cheap starter raws would be Unbranded. Are...