or Connect

Posts by DanM

Just caught up on the last 700 posts.  Got some PMs to answer.  Took half a day and did some thrifting - picked up some Incotex, Harris Tweed, Aldens, AE McAllisters, BB Loafers, Corneliani suits, skeets, lots of other fodder, but I think this is actually my favorite piece.  It's no Belstaff Trialmaster, but cool been had Polo.  Any ideas on age?      
Olive cargos, and shell Alden boots!
Had to take a hiatus from thrifting to get through fiscal year end close and a complex acquisition. Hit a store today and found only stained and moth eaten Brooks Brothers... someone has been busy in my absence.
King Midas was an amateur - Spoo can turn Bert Pulitzer ties to gold.If you cannot see Spoo, he is plundering your thrifts. If you can see Spoo, he is plundering your thrift room.Spoo was not born, but was instead found at the edge of Oyster Bay, in a handcrafted basket lined with exotic animal skins, swaddled in pure vicuna.
Nah, mine. Fiscal close at work after a complicated year. 12+ hour workdays, 2+ hour commute round trip with road construction, and by the time I get home I'm so wired I can't sleep right.
Sleeps all screwed up, temporarily (I hope) 5 AM crüe present.
Finally got a chance to check out the Schott (pop!) jacket my wife picked up at the GW a couple days ago:  [[SPOILER]]  Pretty good condition, considering age (estimating 1960s).
Schott. Never seen this label. Legit?
Kop at $65?