or Connect

Posts by DanM

I passed a pair of these on to a fellow forum member back in the spring (though mine were completely unworn) - vintage Edwin Clapp Alligator Monks in 8D (except if you look at the sole or recognize the leather, these are clearly NOT alligator and quite illegal to sell on ebay what with the Endangered Species Act)
Today I had to pass on a Canali suit that was used as Depends.Ewwwww.
2015 has been pretty good to me so far.  Still need to unload my car from the Chicago trip (thanks for the tips eazye!) and the last 24 hours have been particularly nice at my local shops.  All these came from 3 stores (all true thrift):   5X Altea NWT   Lands End silk knit, Hart Schaffner Marx, Aquascutum, Polo NWT Polo, 3x BB   3x BB, Polo More Polo & BB Couple unbranded Italian silk pocket squares for personal use   Paul Frederick lightweight...
I had no idea they carried decent stuff. There's one 5 minutes from my house.
I need some denim advice. I picked up a pair of PRPS Barracuda (Phoenix dark wash) selvedge denim at TJ Maxx for $59. I've been looking for dark wash jeans in my size for a while (42 waist) and these seemed to fit the bill. However, I know NOTHING about selvedge/raw/sanforized/unsanforized and the various ways these factors affect fit. How much they will shrink upon first soak (is that something I'm supposed to do? How long? What temperature?), whether I should hem them...
nvm.
 ...you know there are thrifters that AREN'T members of this community, right?  Like, other people that buy menswear but don't frequent this thread?  Your posts are starting to read like the missed connections listings on Craigslist.
Santa brought my daughter a Wii U and Mario Kart 8. Count me in for Tourney.
^Indianapolis in particular has awful thrifts. Goodwill is the biggest game in town, and unfortunately they are very aggressive with culling things for shopgoodwill.com.
Both turned out pretty well. Picked up some PRPS Selvedge denim for myself, the wife grabbed a jacket she had been hunting for all winter (very Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock Holmes-ish). Left an EZ Couture 14 Micron suit there - asking price was $593. Might have been some meat left on those bones, but not an investment I was ready to make.Also, visited Neiman Marcus, Last Call, and several of the other high end stores this thread makes me dream about - I am ruined....