or Connect

Posts by divot

What's a good price for a WWII pea coat that has been in storage for 60+ years and is essentially perfect? I know part of it is "whatever you are willing to pay," but I'm curious what you guys think the appropriate market value is in 2014.
I posted this in the quick questions thread, but someone suggested I post it here instead.   Tailoring question:   J.Crew's dock pea coat fits me really well, but I don't like how it flares out so much around the hips (not me in the photo). Is that something a tailor would be able to slim down, or would it be tricky because of the vent in back?   Here are some actual coat measurements as provided from J.Crew:   Chest Circumference 1" Below Armhole: 41.5" Waist...
 The coat does have some waist suppression, but it also flares out significantly. Check out these measurements from J.Crew for size small: Chest Circumference 1" Below Armhole: 41.5"Waist Circumference: 39.75"Sweep Circumference Measured Straight: 43.75" So yeah, it's going to look pretty hippy on just about anyone. Do you think it'd be possible to reduce the flare by 2" or more without screwing up the way the pockets are positioned?
Tailoring question:   J.Crew's dock pea coat fits me really well, but I don't like how it flares out so much around the hips (not me in the photo). Is that something a tailor would be able to slim down, or would it be tricky because of the vent in back?   I'm having a hard time visualizing how it could be done.
Did a newsletter go out this week? I never got anything.
 After dinners. The before dinners have darts in the back.
 Measure wherever you usually wear your pants and compare that to the waist measurement in the size chart. Keep in mind the rise does play a role in where you can wear them—higher rise chinos can be worn lower if you size up, but lower rise chinos can only be worn so high before they become uncomfortable or give you an unsightly moose knuckle.
Do you have the front and back rise measurements?
Still available?
Still available?