or Connect

Posts by seer

Stunning!
In case anyone is interested, this is my Speedster from B! Wear. Brett is a great guy to work with - fast, well made (hand made by Brett) and reasonable.   http://mariposa.yosemite.net/bwear/    
I like their standard oxford cloth shirts. Heavier than the pinpoint, but it wears and washes so well. I'm wearing the gray right now (I had it made with black buttons). I also have the Dennison plaid which is a medium weight poplin - again easy wearing, it doesn't wrinkle easily.
Looking good!
Add an insole. Buy a couple of different thicknesses - experiment.
They were $620 + $25 to ship to the US. But now I think Viberg is adding 20% on top of that for special orders.   
Here are mine on the 110 last. Just click on the picture to make it larger.  
I was just talking to Morgan at Viberg about this. The 2030 last has quite a bit less toe room and instep room than the 110 last.I think the over all length is about the same.
I believe you will find that the Vibergs are heavier, more substantial. There will be a little more break in time, but they get supremely comfortable - especially on the Vibram sole.  
They are breaking in fine, actually they are broken in - I have worn them a lot. They still look exactly the same, the leather is so thick that it doesn't really crease like my old Aldens or AEs. I have a pair of Service Boots in Red Dog leather ordered - MTO. It will be a while but I will post pictures when I get them. From what I know the Yuketens are a good shoe - I think they are made in Canada too - but I don't know by who.