or Connect

Posts by systematic

Bradley or Crawford deserve the Pac fight more than Khan, imo. (I agree that Khan getting KO'ed by Pacquiao would be wonderful.) The Klitschko fight was awful. You don't even have to watch the actual fight to know that -just look at the fight stats. Personally, Klitschko's performance was mind bottling. It's as if he didn't try, didn't have a decade experience with a belt, and what's up with continually turning your back to your opponent?! It looks like there will be a...
Joshua looks promising, but it's too early to tell. He does have a gold medal and as long as they keep ramping up his competition, we should find out soon. It's interesting that HBO recently did a segment on him -hopefully they're thinking of signing him. Wilder has one good win and everyone is waiting on him to fight Povetkin to find out what he's made of. Hopefully that'll happen. Canelo vs Cotto played out kinda like I figured it would, well, besides a stoppage....
Canelo should be more than -250/300. It's a bigger mismatch than those odds, in my mind. I don't think Cotto has much of a chance. He's 35, has never really beaten a top boxer at their best, has a 3 inch reach disadvantage, and assuming there's no rehydration clause, can come in weighing at least 15 lbs less than Canelo. If Cotto is to win, I agree with you that it'll be due to putting in body work. I just don't think he can get a lucky left hook to Canelo's body early and...
Yeah, I agree about the skills not translating well. I did a poor job communicating, but my quote was in reply to people saying Rousey could beat Mayweather.It'll be a good night for Cotto's bank account. He's making $30m.Canelo is around -300 in most places, which is still insane and free money!Edit: Also, Rigondeaux is on the undercard in what will be an exhibition. Still, I'm glad he's finally back in the ring.
I don't like UFC/MMA, but it's not dead. It's not even close. Hell, it's still climbing in popularity and Ronda losing only helped put eyes on the sport. It takes what casual boxing fans like, quick ko's and it condenses and magnifies it. All while cutting out the promoter/ranking BS that plagues boxing. Also, it's selling a lifestyle, which boxing hasn't done... well, maybe ever.Anyone that thought Ronda, or any female mma fighter, can beat even a lower level boxer is...
Why is Floyd talking about Oscar's private life? And last I checked Floyd isn't exactly a role model outside of the ring. My prediction is that Floyd will be back for his 50-0 against Broner. They're already starting the back and forth for a fight, probably in May. Just my speculation, though. I don't see Ward vs GGG until GGG cleans out his division and is forced to move up or until Ward is a financially feasible risk. Ward isn't anything but a high risk low reward...
A lot of people are putting Crawford on their p4p list and billing him as one of the next stars in the sport. I don't see it yet. Like you said, he's been fazed by lesser fighters and he hasn't come close to cleaning up super middleweight. He's got a few tough fighters in that division -Provodnikov, Matthyse, and Postol. Hell, even Broner. And I don't think he's in any position to move up to welterweight, which is PACKED with talent. I also don't see Arum giving Crawford...
Add in the fact that he's been mismanaged, with his people allegedly demanding way too much for fights and he's all but wasted his prime. Word is that he may fight Loma, but again, Caribe is standing in the way due to their purse demand.So who do you guys want Pacquiao to face in his last match? Word is that it's between Crawford, Bradley, and Khan. I think it'll be either Khan or Bradley (who btw looked at his best last night being trained by Atlas). I'm fine with either,...
He'll do it if they move the event to Oakland.I have no idea what Ward's career strategy is now besides cashing in on his Roc Nation contract and becoming an announcer. His last fight against a bum, granted after taking like 2 years off due to a contract dispute and surgery, was at 172. He called out GGG at 168 and even Kovalev at 175... This next fight of his better be at 175, because GGG has no reason to fight him at 168, and he needs at least one or two top 10 light...
If I was Pacquiao I'd go for Khan. I too think it would be an easier fight and a bigger pay day. I don't see Garcia taking Pacquiao with just one fight at welterweight. He doesn't really have an incentive to, either. He'll get paid well being on PBC no matter who he fights and he could actually win a belt there, which Pacquiao doesn't currently have.That Mayorga slap was staged.Oh, and there's talk out there about Ward being on the Canelo/Cotto undercard!