or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

Yeah, I think that I am in the same category as you.  Compulsive exerciser.  I only really care about MMA, which I also used to practice.  I follow other sports during playoff season only.  And I really don't like playing sports other than combat sports.  I could shop all day, though, with just breaks for epic meals.  There should be a category "regular Chinese guy.  But who exercises."
Really, I'm a shopping addict who also enjoys working out and beating people up.  Also, eating.
Apparently, I am a sports addict:   You're a Sports Addict You know the score! First over the line, slamming the dunk (or is it dunking the slam?), sticking your flag in the summit... you love to get outside and get active. You're just as happy playing on a team or heading off into the wilderness by yourself for a trek. And if you can't get up and get out, that's what the sports channels are for. You love to explore new things. You're inquisitive and have a really...
Hi guys,   To help us understand our audience, so, everyone reading this, in new ways, we are asking you to please take a quick quiz. Our hosting partners assure me that it is fun as well as easy.  Please tell other members to do this too, since it really will help the site.   The survey only takes a few minutes, and is completely anonymous. For each question, just click on whichever image best describes your response. Once completed, the survey will attempt to...
Hi guys,   To help us understand our audience, so, everyone reading this, in new ways, we are asking you to please take a quick quiz. Our hosting partners assure me that it is fun as well as easy.  Please tell other members to do this too, since it really will help the site.   The survey only takes a few minutes, and is completely anonymous. For each question, just click on whichever image best describes your response. Once completed, the survey will attempt to...
Are there any companies that are doing stuff like this, but with things like softshell, so that in addition to being acrasion resistant, they have incredible movement?  I know there are brands like Outlier are out there, but I was looking for something that was a little more in the style of Acronym or Veillance, a little more urban tech ninja.  The difference is that I actually want to use it to maybe do free running and go through the brush as well.  
It should work for you.  I'm a 40US/50EU, sometimes a 38R in "fat American" brands, and I am generally a V in Stephan Schneider.
I get the impression that much of their readership are people who are peripherally involved in the fashion industry, or would like to be involved in the industry.  And in the past few years, a lot of people get to fit into those categories, since the barrier for entry is now really, really, low.  imo, it's part of the same story into which bloggers fit, and at the center of it all is the internet.
Some does.  But as we move towards a mobile world, conventional CPM and CPC display advertising becomes less and less lucrative.  Basically, people buy less using mobile than using a PC.  Content-base and other "native" advertising is higher paying because it is much more effective.   I think that there are shitty, shortsighted ways of doing "native" advertising.  And I think that a lot of this is because the ideas come from the advertiser, rather than the publisher, side....
While she writes well,  and I generally enjoy her stuff, I don't think that she says anything interesting in that piece.  It's the same harrumphing that's been going on for a long time now.  We saw the entire trajectory here.  I mean, when Styleforum was already established, Scot Shuman started posting here, and the critics were all "Argh, darn kids".  And it went straight from "darn kids" to "ugh, I'm sooooo over bloggers" in a single season.  Her punch line?  "News is...