or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

Always loved the pair on the far right.  Really wished that they had that leather now, on a boot with a slightly lower shaft, withouht speedhooks.
Visvim is up there when it comes to prices, but only compared to other brands that appeal to a relatively young audience without a great deal of discretionary spending power or any real wealth.  I am also sure that there are tons of Visvim fans who a great deal of spending power, but Visvim appeals a lot more to young, streetwear oriented, customers, than does, say, Bottega Veneta.  Compared to luxury brands, Visvim prices are on par to relatively low.   I think that we...
Mostly you are paying for the design and the story, which is more than enough justification, really. Why do you need any justification other than that it's an affordable luxury?
Well, no one makes the same product.  It's pretty awesome.  But I hate, hate, hate, most "this is quality and thus not overpriced" arguments.  The boots are priced they way that they are priced because the market can bear it.  That's the truth.  The 3 part sole, gimme a break.  Look at the Bison Vibergs I just showed you.  You can easily see the 3 parts of the wedge sole.  And yes, a guy sands them down by hand.  It's actually Glenn Viberg, for Viberg.  For some people...
This is simply not true. I will say that Visvim does some cool stuff that I wish that Vierb would do, though, like putting zippers on their boots.  And I will say that Visvim actually makes decent quality boots, unlike, say, Sophnet, which I like, but honestly, uses a shitty salpa in their toebox.
This is actually standard for pretty much all wedge soles.  By this criteria, the prototype of that 3Sixteen is the best thing ever, since instead of a foam wedge, Viberg had to shape and cut each leather piece of the wedge by hand, then compound them together.   Or my double midsole Viberg, in which there is a second lather midsole, then a foam wedge, and then the outsole.   Like Visvim products (I do, and have too many of their footwear).  But don't drink the koolaid....
The stitchdown construction has nothing to do with the shape of the toebox and how that evolves.  That has to do with the conscious choice to combine an unstructured toe on a boot that already has a shallow toe.  However, Viberg is more than capable of making boots that keep a high. rounded toe box, like in this rather popular makeup that 3Sixteen just did:      A lot of the boots Viberg did earlier for the Japanese market had a more traditional workboot toe, which...
ToJ?
It's a thicker leather, but much spongier, if that makes any sense to you.  Also, because it's not the same animal hide, I think that direct comparison are rather difficult. 
I just want to comment that stitchdown is not a last.  It's a construction method.  The last is the wooden or plastic "shape" over which the boot upper is stretched in order to give the boot it's shape.  Viberg does stitchdown, but it also does a flat or split good year welt, same as Visvim usually uses, or a storm welt/Norwegian welt, which I personally thing looks cool.