or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

At first glance, definitely Dries, imo.  Ah, but I see that they've put in that lame graphic/urban element, and used a familiar military shape.  Bravo.
I looked through the entire collection, and I cannot see WTF is subversive about it.  I'ts like, nice clothes to skinny, clean cut, white dudes.  It's clothes that for hanging out at home in, or having a drink in.  Maybe meeting a girlfriend's parents at a nice, but not too nice, restaurant.  The Timberlands don't even have the iconic shape, that I could tell.  They may as well be Heschungs or whatever French manufacturer APC likes to use for their footwear. They seem to...
Fuck the haters.  Chukkas, done right, are a nearly perfect height.  They give enough ankle support, don't look like blobs, which happens all too often with lowtops, and allow you more mobility and breathability than hightops (padded high tops in the summer can really suck).  Also, stacks fall on them well, and they also look good with jeans or pants cut right at the ankle or a little above.  A few years ago, they were the footwear of choice everywhere - at Pitti, you'd...
1) Ditto.  I am still operating about about 70%, at best2) This.  And thanks for the pictures.  Personally, I think that the craziness itself deserves to be captured, though, and I would not apologize for that when you do do it.3) Yeah, sweeping generalizations are boring.  They do not provide any fodder for discussion.  You might not like everything, but having an informed opinion is very different from just having an opinion.  Too many people conflate the latter...
Well, the fact is that half of us got sick at or right after the show, and Jasper was the worst off, by far.  It was a pretty brutal season.
Ahem, please don't ever call my coverage "sensible".  The day that I get approval for being CBD or covering "wearable" clothing, I'll retire from doing this.  In-depth and good, I can get behind.   The brand threads that people get behind are those about current collections from known brands.  As I explained earlier, men are still primarily buy-and-wear, and there is simply not enough knowledge for people to engage in discussions about clothing that no one can buy for 6-9...
These are the ones that I liked.  The first is such a nice little homage to the early 80s - her hair, poppoed collars, oversized coats.The second - she definitely knows what colors compliment her, and there is a great line in her coat and her pants.  Also, the shoes are a nice athletic play on creepers.The third - textures are terrific, and gets a great line as well.  The woman really carries off a tonal outfit.
As usual, now I'm confused.
I'm loathe to criticize just for the sake of criticizing - it's a bitch move - but a few of the outfits have incongruent elements or are not particularly cohesive.  Mind you, a few of them are really good.  In any case, none of the outfits are really bad.  I just wouldn't have photographed all of them.
That was my daily coverage. I thought that it worked okay, but the current style has had, overall, much better reception. There was a option what I did in the space, but what we do now is more unique and irreverent. We'll probably tweak the recipe in the future, as we always have.The substantive articles this year will have a different bent as well, because stories about specific brands is just not that interesting, and views showed it. We are going to try a much more...