or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

That's according to you, of course.  The members make the conversations, and as the internet has moved to become a commercial space, online discussion has become more about product than about the minutiae of the early hobbyist forums.  A forum is not even like a traditional media outlet, where the editors decide the content.  I would say that if you want to start a thread on some esoteric subject, that you should do so, and see if their is a demand for that (as in, a...
But are you surprised?  Those are international brands who employ the best designers, sample makers, and have access to the best factories, leathers, and trims. in the world.  And it's not like ToJ is a company like Aero, Eastman, or whatever, which, while not huge companies, have decades of experience in leather. The designs are nice though, that is true, for sure.
I dunno what happened to jet.  @in stitches is still around, and is actually a mod I keep in touch with.  If he want to explain why he is posting less, I'll let him explain.  But as usual, I want to emphasize that most people who cease to post or post less usually do so for reasons that have nothing to do with their feelings about the forum itself. A handful of both CM and SWD users who used to be very prolific, I still keep in touch with, and nearly all the time, it's...
This is a problem with all communities. We have things like new member questions threads, but unlike in 2008, it is now a smaller part of bigger issues.
Alexa is never accurate, but yes, platforms like tumblr and instagram hurt both posting and traffic, but most acutely in SWD, which has a less verbally articulate, younger, more visually driven demographic. This is why Styleforum is still strong, while something like sufu is completely dead, since we've always had a more affluent, professional audience that is also often computer bound during the week. This is also the reason summer is a bigger lull than winter, because...
We do it to ourselves. Guys complain that a hem 1" wider is "too bootcut" or whatever nonsense rules the day.
That third jacket looks like a late 60s and 70s interpretation of earlier, say, 30's jackets.  It reminds me a bit of the East West Instruments 6 pocket "hippie" jacket, though it doesn't have quite the same vibe.  I would love to see the historical jackets that the RRL team uses as inspiration.  I heard that they used to go to Bobby's of Boston and just clean out the place.
There are a ton of ToJ jackets that look subpar, but I don't think that this is one of them, the too long length aside, and that seems to be because the original owner was 7' tall.  I understand that animosity to Drew right now, but I don't get the dislike for his product.  Did some people put too much stock in the brand?  Sure.  But the fact remains that some of the jackets were pretty decent, imo, that one included.
I actually like the design of the third one, which looks to me like an early riding jacket.  The other two are pretty standard rider jackets.  I don't love them, but I don't hate them either.  I dunno why the strong reaction to either.  Some people don't like the Buco style D-pocket, but I think that it's a nice touch, for that vintage rider look.  
I like those.  I really do wish that they made more boots on a 3" shaft though, sorta chukka or high top/midtop height.