or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

Amazing goal to finish the world cup. Congratulations to Germany. The right team won.
Lol. Germany is not as clean right now as they were against Brazil. Um, ie. Argentina is playing defense.
I've heard of, but have not, read the book.  It is often quoted, and I think that it's pretty easy to understand the adrenaline rush.  That said, I prefer adrenline rushes where I probably won't die.  For example, MMA, my drug of choice, involve you beating up, or getting beat up, by another, hopefully trained, opponent.  But another man has a much lower likelihood of killing you than say, a fall from an ice-cliff, or willingly throwing yourself 80 feet into the air on a...
I'm not rich, but I would use the watch to bludgeon someone so that I could take their potatoes.  Apex predator indeed 
Which begs the question - with all the cool places in the world, why would you choose to go to places that people are trying to leave?  When I was a kid, I wanted to be a wartime journalist for a bit, and then I came to my senses and realized that I loved life, running water, nice restaurants, and shopping, and disliked beheadings (chief among them, my own), being kidnapped, and fearing for my life... and for relatively low pay, considering the occupational hazards.
For me, the issue wouldn't be that I feel ostentatious, or that I'm afraid of being jacked.  No, I'd be afraid of me scraping it against something by mistake. or absentmindedly tapping it on the car door, whatever.  Maybe it's just a matter of psychological comfort.  I wear all manner of expensive clothing into the field, and don't worry if my sneakers get some mud on them out observing on the fireline, or if my leathers get scratched from brush.  I'm sure that there are...
Honestly, I like everything save the shirt, which to me looks a bit too crisp.  From what I can see, it looks like a poplin?  I think that with this type of outfit, you want a fabric that is more textural.  Disagree about the pants looking unflattering. I personally think that they look fine.
I'd like to think this.  However, there seems to be one essential difference between the two hobbies, which is that watches can actually be considered investments, whereas a piece of clothing, not matter how well made or expensive, will likely never, ever, appreciate in value.  It's like a car.  The moment you drive it off the lot, it's 1/2 price (yes, I realize that there are exceptions there as well!)  So, my philosophy of "wear the crap out of it, and let it show the...
Ditto.  After reading this thread, I have realized that there is a whole other level of expensive hobbies.  fml.  Honestly, though, how do you guys manage to wear these beauties so casually.  Maybe it marks me as a smalltimer, but I would be afraid of wearing them, and would only feel  comfortable if they were encased in some 3d printed transparent armband, maybe...
It that you own Dominos. Or, a Single franchise.