or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

FWIW, @Omert4 has been permanently timed out. For one, he is in blatant and repeated violation of our B&S rules. Second, while we welcome honest discussion, he admitted to another member that he was deliberately trolling the forum to post people off, his words. Not cool. Bye. Cheers, Fok.
Um, not sure what happened here, but let's keep it civil, shall we?   Thanks,   Fok.   P.S. fwiw, I am of the same mind as @dieworkwear.
Happened around 2000. Not exactly like that, but similar.
The rider jacket is the most popular form out there for both men and women right now.   Yeah, I like them just fine.  We are not that special.
Because they were super popular eight to ten years ago.  (see Mark Zuckerberg, Styleforum 2006).  They'll be back, inevitably, and there will be lots of copy justifying why they are a good idea.  Incidentally, I love reading all the explanations of why boxy silhouettes are better, etc... The fact is that they are better because that is what we are buying now.  That's pretty much it.
So, Trickers are some of the boots that I wear all the time.  I have a couple pf pairs of MTO (SWD style stull that CM might find appalling) and they are all from @Shoehealer .  Richard is definitely a stand up guy, and provides great customer service.  Let's show him some love here.   Cheers,   Fok.
*****************SOLD*************************** Hi All,   I am putting up, for sale, a current season Ring Jacket Suit for Armoury, midnight blue suit, that I won as part of the Careergear.com auction that @Brianpore held.  I am unashamedly using his description, measurements, and pictures, since my photography really stinks, and it's the exact same suit.  It's actually that suit.  Also, I am feeling lazy. The original listing can be found here.   It's a terrific...
Auction 10: Tricker's Footwear from The Shoehealer Ends Thursday, Dec 18, 10 a.m., or 10 minutes after the last bid, whichever comes later.   Today, we have an auction for a  Any pair of stock Trickers from @Shoehealer.  You can see the models here: http://www.shoehealer.co.uk/trickers  Tricker's is know for their English Country Boots, as many of you are aware, but they also do more refined models   Retail value of about 390 GBP, or $610 USD under current exchange...
Congratulations.  @Michigan Planner takes it for $650.  Thanks for your donation, and please email me at styleforum.net@gmail.com for further instructions on how to pay your donation and claim your prize. Next up in a sec.  I have 2 sicks kids at home (yay) and need to put on a Doc McStuffins for them. Cheers, Fok.
Gentleman, about 1.5 hours left, and the Charity Auction for the Southwick for @Epaulet MTO Navy Hopsack sportsjacket stands at $650.  Let's get in and support Mike and the Ronald McDonald House.   Cheers,   Fok.