or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

The rules on the forum are that you listen to what the mods have to say.  Period.  We (j and I) purposefully did not formulate a list of rules, because we are not at all interested in debating the minutaie of rules.  That is also why there are so few moderators.  I deliberately keep the circle small and tight so that I can trust people's judgement and cool heads, even if they are tempted to lash out or abuse their privileges. In case case, I use the bar analogy.  Brad and...
I'd definitely be in for either or both of this donkey jacket style:       or whatever jacket this is:   The one piece that I would be really interested in is the Bee cardigan.  For some stupid reason, I slept on that, and by the time the dust settled, they are wll gone...  I actually like that knit in pullover as well.
What do you figure I would be, Wade?  M?  or one of the in between sizes.  I am a good fit on the 38 Aero Fontana, as you know. Cheers, Fok.
Sure.  But at essence, they are doing very much the same thing.  They are taking something known, and making it accessible and palatable to their audience.
It extends beyond the obviously retro guys.  Rick Owens is an old LA punk dude.  The asymmetrical zips that he is known for is his take on a rider jacket, albeit highly stylized.  But it's not like that feature, not the funnel neck, is really "new" in the sense of it never having been done before.  Not to mention his cartoon sneakers, which are cartoon versions of well known models, but the influence of the many brands of "baller boots", and sneakers from the likes of...
Those taupe Genets.  My jam...
Jun, if you are reading this, make a heavy sashiko jacket, kendo and jiujitsu ready. K. Thanks.  See you next time.
Speaking only for myself, I don't wear fast fashion, but I also have no problems with fast fashion versions of designer items.  This is fashion.  There has never been an original thought.     Re. ethical practices.  If you are not paying $$$, you can nearly be certain that some poor bastard is suffering for your jawns.  Of course, that you are paying $$$ is no guarantee that no poor bastard is suffering.  So, if you want your shit cheap, that's fine.  Just look into the...
Welcome.  We met at Styleforum's anniversary party back in 2012.  I've been following your store for many years.  Glad that you are onboard!   Cheers,   Fok.
@kiya - how about a recommendation for a mid-heavyweight jean (about 17 ounces, but between 16-19 is fine) with a fairly roomy seat but a taper to a bottom?  For reference, I find that the Dry Bones collab is a big big in the waist, but mostly towards the back, and a bit too tight in the crotch.  Otherwise, a good fit...