or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

Sorry, I changed the link.  I had it still in edit mode: Try here: http://www.styleforum.net/a/what-should-i-have-in-a-shoe-care-kit/
True, but those weren't the labels that stuck their heads in the sand and insisted that the old ways were better.
Try here: http://www.styleforum.net/a/what-should-i-have-in-a-shoe-care-kit/ We are actually building out a database of Q&A articles pulled from this another othe instructional threads so that it's easier to find answers like this, or at least, some place to start.  If you have additional questions, ask here. That way, we are increasing the knowledge here, rather than repeating it. The "Instructionals", for anyone who cares, are...
Maybe you are right.  On the other hand, the big music labels, the newspaper industry, big bookstore chains, all collapsed with breathtaking speed.   The worst mistake any brand, any industry, can make is to say "Nah, we are too big to fail."
 Fast fashion has definitely changed the way we do things, sure. If what you are saying is that designers are more likely to start to work more like the vertically integrated fast fashion companies, I would not disagree.
That's how it would work.  Runway shows are really theatre.  The vast majority of the buying goes on behind closed door in showrooms. Of course, the big issue here is... how do you ensure that pictures are not leaked? There is an old saying "If 2 people know, it's not a secret".  My guess is that they will, at first, severely punish anyone who leaks pictures, but that is only so much of a deterrent, and frankly, is not very enforceable, which will eventually open things up...
It doesn't decrease any financial risk, since the consumer never really had any, but it increases efficiency by taking away third party decision making bias.  \\lot of the stuff that you see in the showrooms, the runway shows, simply never gets made.  The current fashion schedule is costly and inefficient, if for that reason alone.  Having preorders takes away much of that inefficiency.  A retailer can simply say to their customer "Hey, we think that this is really cool,...
Preordering actually decreases risks for both the designer and the retailer, and in doing so, increases the choices presented to customers.  Don't know if that awesome boot will sell, and don't want to sink $20K into stocking it on a gamble? Preorders will tell you if you should stock it during the regular season, and will allow those customers who want unusual pieces to get them.  Somethng like 50% of collections on average never get made because no retailer wants to take...
In real fashion news, Tom Ford has taken Burberry's lead and broken ranks and will now show their shows in season, with the clothes available to the public nearly immediately afterwards. I need to say.... "I told you so!" I've been arguing for years now that there is simply too much opportunity time lost between the fashion shows and when the clothes are produced, shipped, and hit the racks. I think that for designers that can't afford to do what a Tom Ford or a...
Maybe in general, but the Superbowl is famous for the ads as well as for the game and the halftime show.Either way, it was clumsy.