or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

I like this makeup, but honestly feel that for the shape, the 1035 or even 110, would be a better choice of last.  A casual chukka, imo, looks best with a rounded toe - this is where so many chukkas from the traditional Northhampton companies falls down.  I think that otherwise, the makeup is solid, though.  
So, I like the nickel, but honestly, the choice will come down to what Viberg has in stock.  In the voting round, I will specify "nickel roller - buckle color may be changed depending on availability". Cheers, Fok.
Personally, I feel that the roughout side is the side that is more insteresting.  The tannery in question is famed for its suede, so I suppose that that is not very surprising.  The grain side is interesting, but the roughout side is much more lustrous. Cheers, Fok.
I would get your UK size (so, exactly 1 size lower than most US sizes).  Apparently, it's also good advice to take your Alden Trubalance size. I say apparently because I own no Aldens.
Because we can't do 10 eyelets.  The machines are tooled for 7 or 9 right now (and have been for a while), so if people propose things we can't make, they certainly can't be voted on.  For me, things like "could be 2 lasts" (which means that it's not a real, solidified makeup, or a proposal that asks for something that can't be done, is the kiss of death, since I can't possibly promise that we can make them.
I understand your concern, but an important part of each process is the accountability of each member to all the other members, since we are allowed a limited number of makeups. Heard and noted.  50 shades of grey.  Sigh.  I refuse to make that the final name of this makeup.
Hmmm... maybe that was earlier.Which members?
Well, I might if:1) More people weren't talking about the roughout side2) 10 eyelets was an option.
I will add a black unicorn one. Probably the alternative district.
I'll take a look and narrow these down over the weekend. Looks like the Hopper, several chukka and boondocker variants, and one or two derbies. That's seven or eight, to be narrowed down to 4! And, extra incentive to vote! Votes will cost $20, but will be worth a $40 credit to your final sale! Of course, one credit per pair. Spread the word that this will happen starting Monday! Cheers, Fok.