or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

I've been wearing my Wakugi for the past week or so, since I got back from vacation.  Pretty great belt, and unique buckle.  In the future, if you do order more of the Rentetsu, would it be possible to get a buckle made for a 1.25" strap?  It would be great to get that belt (I'd order it immediately, even prepay for it) in the smaller size.  The 1.5" belts are great with heavy jeans, but I feel that a 1.25" strap, especially with such an interesting buckle, would be a...
Yeah man.  Those things, even brand new ones, are really expensive.  There is a toy store in Ballard, near where Balckbird used to be, that sells those.  I always make sure to steer my kids away from that section of the store.  I can imagine what vintage bears, in good condition, must be worth to collectors.
Guess that since you won't like the pocketsquares, that you are getting that sex advice for Christmas this year.
The upper sorta looks like Gazelles, but the Gazelle is a low profile shoe, and that one is pretty chunky.  Of course, that chick is ridiculously skinny (I'd guess that she doesn't top a buck ten, and that's only if she is really tall.  Probably more like 100-105 lbs.  So anything with any bulk is going to look big on her.
If you can show me some Etymotics with dope leather and chrome construction, then sure.  When I'm not listing to music, I want my headphones to look cool around my neck (5).
So, not to put you too much on the spot, but what would you consider yourself to be, in this respect?  Something like a "bespoke stylist"?  
Well, I stand corrected.  Those really run the gamut, from a smoking jacket to a shooting jacket to a bunch of jackets with military inspired details.  Pretty interesting.  But yeah, there is a very "forward" stance to all of them - something very distinctive. I suppose that Rubinacci is similar, if only judging from all the different models of jacket that Luca has been photographed wearing.
Could you link me to the models?  I am on the site, and am apparently too stupid to find the options.
I'm going to submit that 30 different models is not actually that many.  Split them up into double and single breasted, two, three, and 2 roll 3 buttons for the single breasted, peak, shawl, and notch lapels, different vented and ventless models, and you are pretty much there.  It sounds like a different approach, then say, Huntsman, but it doesn't seem like a free-for-all either.
I obviously do not know what Luca was talking about either, but these are my thoughts as a "personal stylist".  Tailors can give the best technical advice about a suit - for example, is a particular cloth suitable for a specific kind of suit.  However, tailors are craftsmen.  In my experience, they are not that interested in fashion, in the broad sense of the word, and they are used best when the customer also uses the services of a stylist.  In the case of a company like...