or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

This.  It's still primarily a place for commerce, and from what I saw this year, a lot of the vendors I regularly visit, and usually have a fair bit of down time, were slammed with appointments.  I just looked at the closing numbers, and there was a 15% increase in the number of buyers at the show over the Januaury 2014 edition of the show, with over 24K buyers attending, out of a total of 35K visitors.  There were 432 vendors at the show...
It still boils down to how much time and energy you are willing to spend.  It's not a personal affront, you are not going to impress anything on anyone by pursuing the matter, so there are no such intangibles to consider, unless you are really going to lose sleep over something so trivial.   I went to bat for my bookkeeper a couple of months back, and the entire thing took a few days and much more money than if we'd just paid the fine, but there was a point to that, which...
You would have a leg to stand on, but unless you work a minimum wage job, it will nearly assuredly take you longer than $50 worth of time, will likely require a three party coordination (you, Fedex, and the retailer) and it's very possible the thing will go to collections anyway, since the various departments at Fedex don't really communicate that well. So, it's really about picking your poison.  Sorry, sucks.
American tourists.  Really.   On day zero, Jen and I had lunch at a little restaurant in the Mercado Central.  There, we saw a chef (open air kitchen) slaving away over a hot grill.  His sleeves were rolled up.  It was hot even at our spot at the bar.  He had on a scarf.  It was a big, wool scarf.  That is Italy.  You can't really ever get away from fashion.  Which is okay, except that for a week you are in the pulsating heart of menswear. Seeing American tourists with...
Good notes, including snapshots, and confidence in your taste and a the ability to convey that to others.  Oh, and being really well organized                                                                                                                                                                         
So, Jasper just chided me on not writing about my Day 2.  So I will tell you that after I ran through the "Touch", "Altro Uomo" (Alternative fashion, which essentially means, Streetwear and Denim, but the more workweary/heritage side of things) and the "Futuro Maschile" pavillions, I went home, wrote my Day 1 updates, and then crashed on my bed.     Jasper emailed me at about 6:30 to ask if I was still interested in dinner, and I ignored his email.  He thoughtfully...
This.  If you are a store, you cannot use the forum except by explicit agreement with our marketing and advertising department.  This protects both our paying advertisers and the community. Cheers, Fok.
My Day 2:   I've decided to give some pointers instead: 1) Fuck everyone, wear sneakers if you are "press".  Vendors get to sit down, and having a home base allows you to feel somewhat grounded.  Buyers have long appointments, and also get to sit down.  "Press", especially if you are not a blogger who spends most of the day standing outside around the wall, walks approxmately 10 miles, at speed, during the day, not counting the walking commute (about 30-40 minutes each...
Essentially, a horizontal cartel has not, and will unlikely ever be allowed.  However, a manufacturer requiring a minimum resale price is not always illegal (depending on the jurisdiction.)
A lawyer in this area should probably jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that in the US, the Sherman Act is the law around which all of this revolves, and that @Leaves is in fact, correct, as of 2007, when the de facto ban on any type of vertical price control was overturned, since it was deemed that resale price maintenance was not, in every case, a horizontal cartel.   The second is completely illegal, but often still practiced in the fashion...