or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

Although you may, generally, you are not supposed to take off your jacket at any time during the evening, unless you are getting undressed back at your house or hotel room.  Also, traditionally, there is a lot of standing up socializing during evening events, and for some events, dancing.  Also, generally, a double breasted jacket is worn buttoned up.  it can be cut to look good open, but generally, it's meant to be worn done up. I mean, whatever.  It's 2014, and if...
Wow, way to kill a joke.  My wife does the same thing, so no worries. Yeah, silhouette is critical in evening wear.  I mean, to someone who cares about clothes, of course, but that should go without saying.  Not sure where @thegreatgatsby got the idea otherwise...
I think that the analogy to a "director's cut" is pretty apt, except that what is shown is usually an abbreviated collection, while a director's cut is usually filled with extras (see Bladerunner).  There is definitely some give and take between retailers and vendors (Antonio can speak more to his own practice), and the degree of flexibility seems to vary depending on the relationship between the vendor and the retailer.  I don't know the second thing about a galllery...
As someone who dresses nearly exclusively in blues and greys, I gotta say that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of shades thereof.  
I would generally agree with you, but I feel that @Claghorn has executed this pretty well.  The colors and size of the pattern match with the jacket well.  There are definitely more ways to fail than to succeed with this jacket, but I feel that Clags has hit that rare success.  Question to Clags - how many ties did you have to try before you got to the one with which you stuck?
That said, I've seen some really atrocious stuff at Pitti.  You are left thinking "If you can't get good samples made for such an important tradeshow, I'm afraid to see what your products will be like when they hit the retail floor."
I think as in 39 years old, but you've got me confused now.
With the rare exceptions, I feel that art and fashion are two different things, even though fashion has a strong artistic component.  In a different era, the difference between the two might have been less pronounced, but the paradigm for art and the paradigm for business, in 2014, are quite distinct.
Party foul.  If you mean to be sarcastic on the internet, you need to put (0) (perfectly serious) or (10) completely sarcastic, or some number in between, in your post  I think that I am older than you (I'm 39) and even I know that.  C'mon now.
In the spirit of evenhandedness, I'm afraid that I disagree with the bolded part as well.  There is clearly an intended emotional response, and I'm willing to bet decent money that revulsion was not it.  I've heard a lot of designers say this in response to criticism of their work which does not invite a real discussion, and I sympathize with the compulsion to try to make lemonade out of lemons.  I just don't think that the response is on the mark.