or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

I don't really care about most amenities in the lounges except for the showers, and the nicer seats.  I know that some people always drink a bunch before a flight, but I've found that there is nothing more miserable than being dehydrated on a flight, and that will pretty much clinch it.  I'll sometimes have a single drink, maybe. It would be awesome if lounges had little carts that will take you right in your gate.  Airports are nearly always overheated (except for the...
Probably not, but I would just call your bank anyway.  And remember, just because you get one service rep who won't make an exception/get the manager involved, etc.. doesn't mean another will not.  There is some discretion that higher level customer service reps have.  Start out with "Thanks for taking my call.  I have a rather unusual situation, and was hoping that you could help me out."  Then describe your problem, without any emotion - definitely not anger - other than...
I have the lowest level of American Express, because, well, no fees, and I'm cheap, and don't ever use things like concierge services, but this might we worth it depending.
Mosh pit is the best way to describe things.  Also, Airtalia is strict with overhead luggage like no one else.  I once had to wear 3 jackets because my carryon was over by under 10 lbs.  Of course, that was stupid, because I obviously stuffed the jackets back into the bag shortly right after security.  I was tempted to ask whether they'd also weigh me to see if I fit their weight criteria, but I decided not to, because they may have considered and decided that that was a...
A tip that I got from @unbelragazzo , but the global entry thing, which is $100, iirc, is the best thing ever.  it's the gift that keeps on giving.  You get to bypass lines entirely when the place is not swamped, and you the line is much more truncated when the place is swamped.  Plus, you get to do things like keep your shoes on and not have to take everything out of your bag, depending on the airport. Incidentally, for official Styleforum international travel, we have...
For long layovers, the Delta Lounge at LAX is pretty worth it. And it's under $100.  Nothing really beats a hot shower and a fresh change of clothes.  
ime, and I've flown a lot of out both, SFO is routinely worse than LAX, though sometimes it seems like they are trying to approximate a traffic jam on the 101 at LAX security.
Just to address a few of your points:The key is to hire a good data scientist (which will cost you quite a bit).I think that data science is extremely powerful, but there are some questions that anyone should ask before even thinking of applying data science to any given question.1) Is this a decision that requires a powerful tool?  More often then not, you stop here.2) Is your question well defined enough to approach using data science?3) Is the question complicated...
I guess that I have to disagree.  Craziness is definitely nice, but I don't think that it's always necessary, nor even desired.  For me, "interesting" is that small strip of ground between "too safe" and "over-designed:.  The first is self evident.  The second is when a design puts on something into the design for no reason other than to "make it interesting," I see this in a lot of budding "artisanal" designers - a lack of good editing.   This jacket focuses on the...
As a fashion jacket, I think that it fits well.  I like it.  I typically think that double riders look best half way zipped, if they are that fit, or completely unzipped, if you've gotten it cut extremely tight.