or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

You;ve never worked with Rubinacci either.  You have been a client of Rubinacci.  There is a big difference there.  Unless I'm sorely mistaken, you've never "worked" wtth any tailoring house, vendor, retailer, etc... You can speak to your personal experience with Rubinacci, but that's pretty much it.  Your opinion is akin to that of a restaurant patron.who, having eaten at a restaurant, feels somehow qualified to speculate on how the business might work.  You've never been...
Oh geez.  I give up.  The owner of the business can work in any capacity.  Mariano's role at London House is the stylist.  Maybe you don't use the full range of his services, but he is the stylist.  I am sure that Mariano looks after the financial integrity of the house as well.  Maybe you should just call him the CFO of London House.  It's possible that he does most of the hiring.  Maybe you've been working with the head of human resources at Rubinacci all these years....
Sigh.  I'm not sure why you are arguing this point.  These are just accepted definitions within tailoring houses, and in particular, on Savile Row.  And Luca is on record as saying that he is a "bespoke stylist", the bespoke part being there because the term means something else in RTW.  That's as from the horse mouth as it gets.   Mariano Rubinacci is the stylist. On Savile Row, they are traditionally known as salesmen.  It's not a pejorative term. The stylist provides,...
I never said that change is good, I said that it is inevitable.  One simply cannot continue as if technology and society have not changed drastically, even in the past decade.   I actually think that the "made on Savile Row" story is an incredibly valuable one.  My comment on the Chinese made suits was in reaction to the idea that a suit made in China is, apart from not having the Savile Row story, is somehow going to be inherentl inferior.  The value in Savile Row and...
Congratulations.  Incidentally, my wife loves batik.  I'd be interested in hearing more.  Maybe not on this thread, but PM me. Cheers, Fok.
Thanks for the offer, but it doesn't work quite that way.  I keep the group very tight and small, since the mods have so much discretion.  There are no codified rules, as there are on some other forums.   When a mod says something as a mod, it goes, no further discussion allowed.  And we don't override a moderator's decision unless it there is zero doubt that it was wrong.  This happens maybe once every couple of years.  And we don't take away mod powers, even when a...
We need another b&s tsar. Right now, we have just enough hands to spamminate.
Does he not also advise on the choice of fabrics, the choice of trims, etc...? That is a stylist. The people who actually do the work are romanticized now, but traditionally, they are just the hands, whose tastes Alan Flusser cautions against trusting. The stylist provides the taste levels, the guidance. That is why the 40 tailors who work for Rubinacci seem interchangeable, but Mariano is not.I think that whether Gennaro Paone can be successful, or just another of...
Tim Hortons.
No, I've never been there.  Sigh, I deputize you to tell them to cease nad desist immediately, or I'll be forced to ban fools.  The rule is that you may have your B&S threads in your sig, as a lot of people do, but that otherwise, you are not allowed to advertise your own stuff on the main parts of the forum unless you are an affiliate.