Posts by LA Guy

I haven't read the exchange, so I'm not going to comment on it.  I do think that single line "This is boring" comments are generally dumb, on any forum.  On Styleforum. we would never ban someone on that basis alone, but the collective response would be a very well merited "meh".  That unsupported type of statement is not a conversation starter.  I don't really understand the rules of SZ.  Maybe it's explicitly or implicitly agreed that you don't post unless you are going...
https://shockoeatelier.com/collections/end-of-season-sale end of season sale up to 50% off.
whoops!  I also have a few more orders (the last 4, I think) to send you.  will do that toaday.   Cheers,   Fok.
 That store rocks. I have 2 new Ts(S) scarves from them that I have yet to watch. But I will.
Well, you can make shoes with a Goretex mid-liner and taped seams at the welts, and those are pretty close to being actually waterproof.  But yeah, I don't have nor have I ever seen boots here that would be called "waterproof" by anyone scrupulous.  They will probably do okay in a place with intermittent rain, or even a rainy but not cold city like San Francisco.  Anywhere where this is snow buildup in the winter and spring slush?  Fuggedaboutit.
Just smack it around some - I find that those jackets loosen up in no time flat, either with wear or just kneeding it for a bit.
Welcome, but I don't think that that is true.  I used to spend too much time in CE, and in general, the discussions were of the same tenor as this one.
I was restating Manton's thesis, and evidently misspoke, since he clearly does not mean to protect present day American, or at very least, not protect the course it's on. If you read Manton's recent interviews, he clearly states that immigration, in his mind, is good sometimes, and sometimes not, and that it's imperative that immigrants be able to be assimilated into the body politic.  His concern seems primarily to be that immigrants be chosen from those who can...
Yeah.  Same.  Much better than the Asian fro.
This. Also, though Manton is not here is speak for himself (though he could if he liked), he is has written explicitly and extensively about these subjects, so it's not as though we have to guess at his opinions.