or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

Seasons change, and even the biggest threads on the forum get too long and clunky for our software.     So, here we have it, the NEW (Part II) Australian Members thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/518027/australian-members-part-ii-if-you-read-the-first-post-youll-get-what-this-is-all-about/
Well, it is relative, of course.  It just depends on what sort of company you'd like to run, what excites you.  In the small company, you are really doing everything, and you had really better like clothes.  In the large company, you are a guy who likes to make things run.  It's possibly, but not necessarily, a completely different mindset.
Their version of the Heschung Apache was pretty cool as well - even though I don't wear black footwear, it make me want a pair.
That's true, but on the other hand, you also have the potential for much greater profits, and with such a bit operating budget, it's not like cost cutting, offloading unprofitable units, investing in technology to make your operation more efficient, etc... are not options.
So, real question.  Would you rather do $100 in gross revenue, with a  net profit (so, after all expenses) of $30, or would you rather do $100MM dollars in gross revenue, and have the same $30 in net profit. In the second case, though you are not particularly profitable, that you would have a much larger footprint, have access to far greater resources, far greater potential, etc...  
Selfawareness ftw.
This is excellent.   Again, we just need a short intro, and some basics.  We can always add the the FAQ on the first page later (or at least, I can). Please PM me if you are willing to step up with the first post. Cheers, Fok.
Read starting here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread-reviews-pictures-sizing-etc/70400_50#post_8307651 Allen Edmonds fans are laggint the watch guys.  They already have an appointed new thread starter, and are hard at work on a first post.  There's been a lot of back and forth here, but no one has really taken on that leadership role.  The first post would not need to be comprehensive.  Just an instroduction to the new thread, and some...
I have a bunch of leather samples here.  Once I get my lightbox set up again, and unbury myself from all the work, I'll take pics of them all. Cheers, Fok.
It's a brand we used to discuss a lot.  Just has sorta fallen off the map, in terms of being "ahead of the curve".  In about 2003-2006, it had really strong design and was a very strong concept.  These days, it makes good pieces that are not exciting, and I would say the same about the jeans.  Still, a good choice for staples.