or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

Pitti is a funny place.  Until this year, when orders seemed to be rolling in, it's always been the common wisdom that you won't get that many orders at Pitti itself, but that you will give out lots of cards and linelists, and of the 200 business cards you collect, 20 will be serious inquiries, and you'll end up with 10 decent sized orders out of that, and that all that will happen 2-3 weeks down the road, when the season has progressed a bit more.  A lot of the larger...
 So, I've been on both sides of the line, and both are tiring. It's been a long time since I've sat at a booth all day, but I still do run these Styleforum Trunk Shows, which are a significant investment of both money and time.  Ime, that is actually more tiring than working a booth, because you don't have someone else doing a bulk of your PR, and you have no help setting up, and if the lights don't work right, or there aren't enough snacks, or whatever, you are the one on...
I'm actually back, but I caught Jasper's Mongolian Death Flu .  Let's set the auction date for next Monday-Tuesday.  I want to be up to full force to do this last auction and give it a push so that we can get nice hurrah to start the new year.  Save your pennies! Cheers, Fok.
You've gone this far.  You may as well go the full distance.
No, but I am pretty sure that I could still break two ribs with one kick. Power stays longest.
I agree. My wife is trying to teach me yoga (she has practiced for a long time) after a lot of resistance on my part, and although there have been stops here and there, and I have to adjust every pose, it's helping. I gotta say that above a certain level.though, a lot of it is genetic. I know fighters who train the same, eat the same, etc... and some just have more physical longevity than others. I feel that everyone can maintain a minimum level of fitness, but to run...
Do your yoga. I dunno how old you are, but I am now 40, and a lifetime of heavy exercise and running is taking its toll. My joints are rocked from years of kickboxing and jujitsu and lots of repetition exercises, and years of running (I ran road races for decades) make me have the hamstring flexibility of a 90 year old man. If I had to redo things, I would have decreased each workout by 15 to 30 minutes, and did something like a shortened primary series in that. I'm...
It already has...
Someone put a link in here.  This story is news to me, and interesting news.
With a proper DSLR, or even a cell camera with good lighting, I do okay.  The pics I take are sometime magnified and taken in low light from wierd angles, since my house is a mess.