or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

They look much more like the leather ones, when worn.  Guidi boots are all object dyed, which is why they have that signature, weathered look, and sometimes odd shapes straight out of the box.  However, they look a lot more like this, worn (when a human foot is in them, unsurprisingly, they look more filled out: They have a rounder toe and a chunkier silhouette than the 017 I have on custom order (and that are taking their time to get here - delayed a couple of months,...
I actually like them on Chukkas for precisely this reason.  I like my jeans to be a little stacked and with the tab outside - just a little messier and more "street".  Can't stand looking too clean or presentable.  Of course, it's one of my idiosyncrasies.
You'll see up close.  Um... think of fine suede.  Depending on how you've stroked the nap, it will look different.  Sorta a cool effect, but more pronounced because of the depth of the nap.  
Yes, and we've done it before.
lol.  I got the reverse 994 (http://www.mrporter.com/en-dk/mens/guidi/suede-lace-up-boots/518365) 
You may be right, but either the picture is really not representative, or it's a different leather with a similar name.   Based on the fact that I saw all those boots, I'm guessing on the second.  Both leathers are nice, but the one we have on hand is a little more matte, a little ticker, and a the tones are someone different.
  The black roughout is similarly deep, but obviously without the color variation that comes from the direction of the nap at any one time, for obvious reasons.  The grain side is like a small grained bison, and both sides are very soft.
Yup, you're right.  I am an idiot!  I just assumed that moose meant... moose?
Just to clarify, it's moose, not elk.  Moose is tough and thick without much give, which is perfect for a boot.  Elk, while it has good tensile strength, is extremely pliable, and ime, is only good for footwear like sneakers and mocassins. As for the black unicorn being the most interesting leather of the special leathers, I think that a lot of them are really quite cool.  The most immediately eyecatching are the tan horse and the italian grey calf, but a lot of them are...