or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

The @thenanyu was there.  He was not, however, the founder.  This place attracts a lot of guys who are interested in fashion, so it's not so surprising that a lot of them get into fashion in one form or another.  John Moy (Four Pins)'s first paying gig was with us.  Jian DeLeon also started here as a member.  Another member is an assistant of Patrik Ervell, there are a bunch of old time members who are designers of one sort or another.  One of Robert Geller's assistants...
In this thread, we keep track of all the contestants in the galleris thread contest from the Streetwear and Denim side of the forum.   Post of a link and a 50 word description and an representative picture, here.   Exhortations and votemongering is allowed.   Cheers,   Fok.
In this thread, we keep track of all the contestants in the galleris thread contest from the Classic Menswear side of the forum.   Post of a link and a 50 word description and an representative picture, here.   Exhortations and votemongering is allowed.   Cheers,   Fok.
In addition to the butteros that @Murlsquirl recommended, I would also recommend chukka and ankle boots.  You might want to look at Sanders Bertie (Sanders makes boots for Mark McNairy) or the more refined Church's Saharas Personally, I wear sneakers all the time.  
This.  Sometimes, just the wrong leather is chosen for the item, or the leather matched with thread that is too hard, or the treatment is overly aggressive, etc...  For example, Common Projects and Pierre Hardy have both used very supple, but overly thin, and inexplicably unlined, sueded, in some of their footwear.  It was leather that would have been lightweight for gloves, much less for casual shoes (sneakers and chukkas, respectively).  Light wear results in a tear...
That hasn't been my experience.  I have moderately wide feet, (put it this way, with boots in the 2030 Viberg last, I have to wear thin socks), and my Yuketens mocs in the equivalent size fit quite a bit roomier throughout.
It's not that inconsistent depending on the model.  I think that for the moc styled footwear, they are about .5-1 size large.  
@GusW - What do you think about Mums? (http://www.mumssf.com/)
This.  Generally, you have to love what you do to be really successful at it, but even with all the love, it has to make fiscal sense.  There are clearly exceptions to the rule, but the Venn diagram of people who are independently wealthy and also want to devote a lot of their time and resources to doing things for free is extremely limited.
Most definitely will do.  I'm going to be out of town for a good part of next week, so it's possible that I won't be here when the boots actually arrive, but fulfillment doesn't happen without my supervision, and I'll make sure to take some snaps before I get them all sent out. Cheers, Fok.