or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

It depends on turnover.  If the flow of money through the economy is not steady, we could all be fucked.  I suppose that the system could reach a new steady-state after a while, but there would be a cost to any sudden perturbation.  fwiw, Visvim footwear is purportedly handwelted - at least according to the founder of the company.  I suppose that's one way of justifying $1K+ mocassins.  On the other hand, the sneakers are goodyear welted...
Definitely not.  If you've ever owned or handled a real motorcycle jacket, the "V" is exaggerated more than any piece of designer clothing, including Tom Ford "A" model suits, which are pretty ridiculous. In order to fill those out, you would need a 12" drop.  I think that I can safely say that that is a very small fraction of the population.  The jackets are designed to have a huge amount of mobility, which is useful if you are crouched over on a bike. You also leave room...
We are going a little far afield, but to provide more perspective, both the average and median household income for a household of four in the USA is about $58K, and in this country, credit card debt is rampant.  Even $300 is an unconscionable expenditure on shoes, for most Americans.   And consumer habits are not, and cannot, be, what they were even three decades ago.  My father had "portable" radio that weighed a ton, from the late 60s, and we used that thing in our...
This is great.  Because we have some smaller dudes, could you also put up the proposed measurements for the XS? One thing about looking at runway photos is that they often show the deficiencies, rather than the strengths, of a specific garment.  Skinny or "athletic" (I use that term to feel better about myself!,) very few of us will have the shape of a runway model, which is generally, wide, angular, shoulders, shallow chest, and small waist and hips.  Oh, and usually very...
I think that the sleeves definitely need to be shortened.  Maybe decrease the shoulder width just a little bit.  I usually trust first impressions.  If you felt that it would be good to take in the shoulders slightly, I would do that, but maybe by just .5".
Is Gabor still around, Andrew?  I feel like that needs to go into the Styleforum "museum."  Remember back in those days, man?  I just wrote on the tumblr about the first days of Vass in the USA. It was really cool that Styleforum got to be a part of that.
Just bought this:   http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/eototo-crewneck-knit-brown-2030.html   I was chatting with Kyle.  He got bored and sorta left the conversation.  I told him that I would complain loudly if it didn't fit.  Also, I forgave him for my not winning the contest.  It was an emotionally charged moment.   More of you guys need to get on stuff like this.  It's interesting, but stays within themes with with most men are comfortable (i.e. no...
They are meant to taper down a lot, to contrast with the volume of the cargo pockets.  I can see them working great with a pair of boots or a pair of running styled sneakers (Nike Roshe shape). 
The cargo "Highland" pants are amazing.  Don't sleep on them.  That's all.