or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

Well, they are made for bike messengers and like, riding across the continent, not for looking cool carrying your macbook air in.
All of their nylon bags are heavy duty, and apparently they have a bit of a following for that in Japan.  I've handled those things, and the construction is built for speed.  Of course, if you don't like that very tech looking style, then then are not for you.  Visvim is a lot more whimsical.
I've never seen that specific backpack, but my experience with masterpiece is that their ballistic nylon stuff is solid, though not bombproof the way a Mission Workshop is.  The shoulder strap seems well constructed and its seems like the have triangular stitching at the bottom of the straps to better distribute weight stress.  The straps are also the high density nylon. The stuff they do using wool tweed has been more mixed.  While it looks cool, tweed just don't have the...
That's also true.  
I don't, but looking at how that backpack is constructed, I would confidently say that it's not made for real rugged use either.  The reason is that it lacks that very important small strap that the top of the shoulders and helps distribute the weight better and take the strain off  a single stress point.  
I would say suede.  leather gets scratched up easily.  Elk is also famously soft, which is fine, but it's not a leather that beats up that well.  On the other hand, Suede can actually take a beating, and imo, look better for it.
They are not as durable as technical backpacks made by brands like Mission Workshop or Chrome, or leather backpanks made from bridle leather, but the designs are nice.  The one thing that bothers me about them, and I used to do a lot of mountain stuff, so a backpack breaking was not an options, is the and of triangular reinforced stitching where the straps meet the body at he bottom of the bag,  It'a a simple enough thing to add, but a lot of Visvim stuff is not actually...
We won't be taking deposits, but we will have some samples that you can try on for size.  They will be more like a fitted 40R (my size, but fitted on me). but we can get your sorted from that.  If you are size or half a size down, it's easily enough to extrapolate.  I have a feeling you'll be a 40 in this jacket, maybe a 38, but with the waist and chest taken in a touch. We will also have the Rider Boot samples there.  Oh wait, that's not public knowledge yet...
We had beer? Also, it's jiujitsu.  MMA is just the umbrella sport.  Just sayin'. But, I mean, you can ALSO buy stuff.  That's also encouraged.  
Everyone is allowed to the event.  Of course, alcoholic beverages will be for over 21 set only, but there will be plenty of food and non-alcoholic beverages as well.  Some of the brands will bring some things for cash&carry, but many of them will be primarily measuring and taking MTO/MTM/bespoke orders.  I think that we'll have things that range from affordable to "time for that second mortgage". Cheers, Fok.