or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

Ahem, a heavy tweed, non-vented sportsjacket for fall.  That is all.
@gdl203 - Just call the contest already and give me the 40% code.  I am going on vacation and want some new stuff.
Brand adjacency is wicked important.  I'v schemed many hours on how to get X designer into A+ retailer.  For a starting retailer, and particularly a pure play, it's really hard.  Often, it comes down to who you knwo who trusts your judgement and may or who may or may not owe you a favor.This is not meant as some sort of expose.  It's the same in any business.  Sometimes, it's getting brand Z owned or represented by a friend or close colleague first.  That draws in brand Y,...
The funny thing is that people hate on Theory for being just boring basics, but when it comes time to personal purchasing, a lot of guys eschew anything interesting for things like White Common Projects, which are about as blandly stylish as you get.   Incidentally, I feel that this is a good argument against the "minimalist" wardrboe, which had its heyday in the 90s (Donna Karan's 7 pieces, Puma's 96 Hours with Neil Barrett), but is still a concept that has appeal,...
Hehe.  It happens.  I think that you are wrong about the consensus.  The replies in the thread suggests that no such general agreement exists.  I also can't see how it's possible to extricate the external and internal.  The judgement about the exterior is clearly a judgement that extends to the interior, in this case.
I get really bored at most evening events.  Maybe I'm a homebody, but most of the time, I'd rather be in my lounge clothes, chilling out at home, or occasionally, at a quiet place, having a drink with some friends (if I was reporting back about the Pitti shenanigans rather than @Synthese, there would be a lot of entries like "We were really tired after the expo, so I went home, ordered room service (the pasta was delicious, the steak, underwhelming, and worked on the...
Although you may, generally, you are not supposed to take off your jacket at any time during the evening, unless you are getting undressed back at your house or hotel room.  Also, traditionally, there is a lot of standing up socializing during evening events, and for some events, dancing.  Also, generally, a double breasted jacket is worn buttoned up.  it can be cut to look good open, but generally, it's meant to be worn done up. I mean, whatever.  It's 2014, and if...
Wow, way to kill a joke.  My wife does the same thing, so no worries. Yeah, silhouette is critical in evening wear.  I mean, to someone who cares about clothes, of course, but that should go without saying.  Not sure where @thegreatgatsby got the idea otherwise...
I think that the analogy to a "director's cut" is pretty apt, except that what is shown is usually an abbreviated collection, while a director's cut is usually filled with extras (see Bladerunner).  There is definitely some give and take between retailers and vendors (Antonio can speak more to his own practice), and the degree of flexibility seems to vary depending on the relationship between the vendor and the retailer.  I don't know the second thing about a galllery...
As someone who dresses nearly exclusively in blues and greys, I gotta say that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of shades thereof.