or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

I'm not all that comfortable with it either.  I only brought it up because I was asked for solutions, and, stupidly, I took the question at face value.  It's just a form of leverage that has worked before, in specific cases.  I sincerely hope that Drew is completely in the clear, and the the money is sitting in escrow somewhere, and that the only holdups are logistical.  If that is so, then it really could be as simple as taking small part of that money to get someone who...
You asked me for a practical solution, so I threw out a starting point.  I also suggested, in a subsequent post, possible leverage, since US citizens are not exempt from US law.  I don't know whether that would be needed or not, and I would hope that it would not be.  No, I don't know Charly's situation, but at least he is clearly reading this thread, appears to be in contact with Drew, and he has shown a willingness to communicate.   And suggestions are not "wild...
It really depends on his tax bracket and the nature of his business.  As a sole proprietorship, none of your income is shielded from the 15% self-employment tax, in addition to the regular federal income taxes.  It comes out, for a single male with few write offs, to 30-35% of net revenue.  If he is all caught up, he is probably fine.  But, if he has not been properly declaring his income over the past 5 years or so, that adds up, and quickly.  If it's just over the past...
Maybe someone else vested in the organization, like Charly, needs to actually go over there to contact him.  No, this stuff is not easy, even when someone knows that there are issues, and has specifically asked for your help.  Even then, there is often resistance to any viable solutions presented.  Think about it.  You have built something up, you call someone in, and the conclusion is that you really fucked up, and need help?  Someone has probably got to throw him a...
Dude, I dunno, it was a starting point, not a detailed solution.  Charly has been ot Korea and is famililar with the ToJ setup, AFAIK.  Maybe he could fly there (courtesy ToJ, of course) and be hired on to just get things sent out, and see where every thing else is in the pipeline.   Just for future reference, if you are really interested in solving problems, never respond with the word "but".  It puts people on edge, and resistant to wanting to working with you.  It...
And yet, he hasn't posted.  What is he going to say?  "I'm sorry, I suck, and I pledge all my time and resources to the ToJ customers?"  Probably not going to happen.  That happens when there is an interesting in repairing the business, not when a guy is just sick of it all. I think that the most obvious solution is to ask Drew to deputize Charly, including (and this will be the hardest part), giving Charly full access to the ToJ paypal account, so that he can actually see...
I have not heard the term "struggle youth" (?) until I read it here .  I also live in Idaho, not the Bay Area, so sensibilities are not the same, and that didn't mean anything to me, one what or the other.  I actually have yet to look it up, but I will after this.   I'm not saying, and have never said, that people's concerns were unjustified.  I just find outrage to be a futile reaction to most things, and generally that it is a sentiment that is a luxury.  A lot of people...
I think that this is pretty apt for a lot of brands, but that for a lot of brands, and in large part due to forums like this, and the democratization of media (tumblr is the obvious example), that 2 and 3 are more and more coalescing into the same customer.  
Nitpicky in a different way.  There are different things that sink different companies.  PC failed in authenticity, which is really shorthand for "consistent narrative," and Ambrosi failed to deliver.  ToJ, similarly, is failing to deliver, but the big difference between ToJ and Ambrosi is that Ambrosi is a luxury product, while ToJ is seen as a value products (there are really not too many decent B2C custom leather jacket makers out there that also work on the internet to...
My father has not shopped for himself for at least 35 years.  I remember that he came home, when I was five, with these truly horrendous chicken feather pillows that smelled of ammonia, because they were on sale, and my mother has not lete him shop since.  He wears mostly Rockport, because he values comfort above everything, and really doesn't give a fuck about clothes.  I think that most of his outerwear is like, London Fog, which is a serviciable, completely uncool,...