or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

This happened?  Hmmm... alright, if stuff like this happens, please just contact me directly.  The way the scripts work, this should be an impossibility, since the content loads, and then the ads, and the ads will default to none if either the server or user side is too slow.  Of course, there are essentially no impossibilities in this world.
Clearly, you've never been to Montreal.
So, and again, being perfectly transparent, we have AE as a big client because the ads work, and there are a ton of Allen Edmond fans on the site.  For banner ads, we sell them directly, or use the top ranked ad networks.  The "remnant" we fill with adsense, which does NOT have the highest payout, but is known in the industry to have the best filters (even they get spoofed sometimes, but they want to only take high quality ads).  I'm answering questions and addressing...
I don't like the technical execution.  I'm not really against this style of advertising in concept.  What I don't like is any type of advertising that interferes with the forum itself.  In that light, the thing that I don't like about takeovers is that they mess around with margins.  \ Re, what an individual member/user actually sees depends on how you have your monitor configured, the size of your monitor, etc...  I use a little, not very good, 21" monitor at home, so I...
I think that you may have misunderstood me.  I went to Victoria and Vancouver for work.  Our guys in Pitti had fun, but it's still work.  Our editor-in-chief went to Japan, and it seems like he had fun, but it's still work.  I would not have greenlighted any of these costly projects just so that people can have fun, though we certainly hope that people had fun.  It's easier to get people to do fulfilling, enjoyable work.  I greenlighted them because they allow us to create...
Just fwiw, the forum, in June alone, sent our editor-in-chief to Japan, where he gathered tons of material for upcoming newsletters as well as a really entertaining travelogue.  He also paid a nominal sum for his guide and translator.  We also paid for expenses for coverage of Pitti, and I went to Victoria to get photos for a story and to make sure that we would continue to work with Viberg, which is a highly sought after boot company with whom we are privileged to work...
It actually costs a lot to keep a site of this size, and a fair number of people, to keep this place running.   I will keep the comments about the quality of the creatives in mind, though, for the next go around.
I've got nothing against site skins, and I thought that this one was done reasonably well, though I'm not fond of the "seconds" branding.  I don't typically see the creatives until the last moment.
Her attitude has always annoyed me.  First it was "I know better than everyone else, and don't need to take advice.  After all, this is Louis Boston.", and that evolved into "The world sucks, and that's why we failed."  Equal measures arrogance and self-pity.  Ugly.
Or... maybe there is not enough consensus between those groups, and no chukkas nor boondockers get made.  It's up to the people wanted the different styles to decide whether to compromise or not.  Or maybe we end up making 4 chukkas and a boondocker like service boot because that';s what people want.   We've certainly done runs where it was 4 different pairs of service boot, so it's not that remote a possibility.  This is the time for you guys to start playing politics.