or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

Yes, Styleforum gets money for each pageview, for ads like those served up by adsense.  All non-direct advertising comes under one of three categories.  CPM is the most common form of payout, and it is the revenue per 1000 impressions.  Then there are CPC ads, or revenue per click, and the revenue per earned commission.  Like pretty much any decent sized site that has professional people running the ad feeds, our ad people try to optimize between the three sources of...
  Do not believe!  Those are adsense ads, which are all cookie based or bought "programmatically".  What I invariably see are the items I've been looking at on Yoox and Forward.  I am also getting some for the Sennheiser headphones I've been looking up.   Other explanations: your girlfriend has been using your computer; you run an adblocker and have a very small number of sites whitelisted, so that google gets confused; google images caught you in the middle of a nip slip...
Absolutely.  I have had mine (black, got it from another French guy, not Greg) for a while now, and it's always my "bag of choice" as one of my carry-ons for short trips.  It has laptop sleeve that you can reach from the back using a zip, and in the main compartment, it's pretty easy to throw in a full change of clothes and pair of sneakers and toiletries.  And my changes of clothes are never lightweight.  I'm talking a heavy sweater, middle to heavyweight jeans, and kicks...
I thought about that (I am a UK 9.5, US, 10.5, for a lot of brands, so this affects me too), and I just thought that it would be in the region of too much granularity, so I was going to do like 9-10, maybe.  I dunno.  I'm open to arguments.  I feel that there are good ones both ways.  I am not so sure abouit the Japanese footwear.  The popular brands, like Visvim, use the US sizing scheme anyway. Cheers, Fok.
Unfortunately, we can't do a multiple size selection, I don't think.  That is an entirely new level of difficulty, especially given our source base.  We also can't have the additional field for a user entered size.  It could be like Yoox, where we kjust specify that M = 48US = 48EU, and that would work for many categories.  But in somethine like denim, I think that the numbered sizing is the best. I realize that we are working with some tight constraints...  Um, fuck the...
Will do.  That said, I'm surprised by your statement.  Clearly, you've never been to the Folson Street Fair, ANY tech convention, or my personal favorite, the AGU (American Geophysical Union) conference in SF every December. which is a 20K person treatise on how to work polar fleece, Patagonia cargo shirts, and hiking shoes, into your every day style.
Paging @ManofKent - How do Lock&Co hats fit?  Specifically, do you know how the Helsinki cap fits?  I'm interested in getting one, but can't figure out whether to get my usual size (59, or 7 1/4) or whether to size down to a 58.  I am thinking that that would not be the right move, but because the caps are not-adjustable, I need to get this just right.  Online.  I'll probably get it from Porter, so that I can at least do an exchange.   Oh, and it would be great if you...
On the other hand, some of us are really interested in the business of fashion.  It's an artist's inclinations vs. those of a hustler.  Many of the most successful fashion "couples" have had one of each, in which one recognizes and respects the abilities of the other, and at the same time, has little desire to meddle in the responsibilities of the other.  I think that the rise of the house of YSL is probably the best example of this.  
One thing that I have thought of doing is to group "equivalent" sizes together, for categories like shirts and suits.   For example:M 38US 48EU However, that will still exclude the wierdly sized brands, like Stephan Schneider, or the Japanese brands that size 1,2,3,4,5, like Jun Hashimoto, Julius, etc... These would both use the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, sizing, though you'll still end up with nonsensical groupings.  Since a 4 in Schneider is not the same as a 4 in Attachment...
Well, the rule will be that you will have to describe one of your items in the description.  One of the purposes of this whole thing is to give sellers incentive to make more one item listings.  Right now, we have a wierd hybrid system that is not optimal for any particular way of browsing.  A lot of buyers are actually "walk ins", and for those searchers to become members to participate as buyers, it makes a lot more sense to have single item listings.  One of the other...