or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

Good.  I feel that I would have done my lengthy education a disservice if I didn't argue vociferously about nothing on a regular basis. Maybe this is all the case.  However, by your own admission, yours was a simply a reaction to a look that you do not like, and that you see.  Moreover, your arguments against that particular look seemed to be based on a very classical set of aesthetic considerations, which, while perhaps applicable in some cases, is simply not, here.  It's...
Who said anything about no socks?
@mimo (ahem, the enabler), @E,TF and  @rydenfan, if you all could paypal $200, $75, and $100 to styleforum.financial@gmail.com, respectively, and email styleforum.net@gmail.com when you have done so, we'll get you squared away.  Sorry, things won't get done until Monday.  Family stuff (funeral, but she was like, super old, so it's not that sad).     See you all on the flip side?   Cheers,   Fok.
Well, I'm in Robert Geller winter shorts.  Chew on that for a while.  Winter shorts (not joking, they are a super thick loden material).  I may wear my fur for full, slightly out of shape, Asian Highlander style.
I agree.  My contention is that for women's clothing, most people in this thread are not practiced patrons.  I could be wrong, of course, but that would be surprising.   In many ways, this is a bizzaro thread on Styleforum.  On this forum, a new poster occasionally comes swaggering in, saying things like "That just isn't flattering?"  "Do the bitches like that old man stuff? lulz?" and is roundly put through the grinder.  Here, we seem to be having the exact opposite....
Yes.  I am not about to go eat a meatball pizza, something that is uniquely American.  Though... I did have one in Germany once...
Actually, I did know that.  Or at very least, something like that. Mostly, I was taking the piss, but if I had a point, it was the knowledge cannot be conveyed in a single post, and that at the end of the day, you can't get someone to appreciate something if they are determined to not do so. It's always possible for someone to scoff something off.  The "elitist bullshit" charge is generally the end of any discussion, since it implies, off the bat, that "my opinion is just...
American chain places love their pizzas huge.  When I was running 50 miles a week, I used to do long runs (15-20 miles) and then a workout, on Saturday mornings.  My roommate at the time was a long distance cyclist.  He regularly rode 50-100 miles in the hills of LA, at the same time.  We'd get home at around 1-2 p.m. order 2 extra large pizzas, and sit in front of our TV with our legs raised, sometimes ice packs, and sit there eating gigantic pizzas and drinking port (for...
 Yeah, whatever,  Taylor Swift is awesome.  Classical music sucks.  You can't even dance to most of it. Appleby's the best restaurant we need, and they have great deals.  What sort of snob would pay more than $12 for a bloddy steak.  Affliction shirts are pretty awesome too.  I mean, look at how realistic the artwork is.  Why would you pay more for a plain shirt.  Losers.  Did you know that some uppity asshole told me the other day that he had a jacket made for him?  What...
When did you become such a populist?   Are you saying that knowledge is useless and all you needs is yer common sense?