or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

I only care about a handful of brands for personal wear, really, buy from maybe a half dozen more on an intermittent basis, and get half my clothing and accessories custom made, but I want to be excited by something new that someone else has found.  Going to showrooms and tradeshows, I look through entire collections at a glance,  Some stuff I will catch right away, and I will have my own little finds as well (though, in the case of the Ts(S) embroidered chore coat, for...
That just looks like it brushed up against something, at some time.  Happens in the storeroom, happens on the factory floor.  Certainly, if that leads to failure, it would just be symptomatic of much more serious issues with the boots.
This is what I think as well.  It doesn't seem to have a lot of whimsy to it.  I don't see very much playfulness in any of the pieces.  Maybe that's just because the designer is trying to hard to be clever, like the unfunny kid who tries to tell jokes?  I'd be happy to be wrong and see amazing stuff coming out of both Vetements and Balenciaga though.
    Does Whistle Pig Bourbon go well with this?  (One thing I will pick up from @gdl203 and @conceptual 4est)   Will it fit me after I eat an entire dish of Mac n Cheese?
That would be your marketihng department.  Apparently, you are a really, really, desirably customer.
They are different boots for different looks.  All good.  Kumbaya.
I don't know what sort of boots you are used to wearing, but if it's something like Viberg or a traditional Northhampton GYW boot, Visvims are very light indeed,  The midsole is light, and the moreflex sole is light and kangaroo is a strong but also very light leather.   I like those, but I know, because of my own wierdness, that I would never wear dark brown.
My post was arguing mostly about the value of commercial emails, and I may have overstated the lack of importance of editorial emails, except to say that they have no value for me, generally.  I do open your editorial emails, but mostly because I know you already, and also because I interact with your other customers in your thread, here.  I do wonder what is the rate at which non-Styleforum members open those editorial emails.  
Well, in your case, you are substituting time for money, which may be a good trade for you.  Someone else may feel differently, and also for perfectly valid reasons. As for why it's harder to find "normal" sizes at consignment stores, it's because while the distribution of buyers is the same as for a regular store, the distribution of consignees is different, specifically because the demand for different sizes is different.   If I had the choice of selling my size 40 suit...
Those are pretty much the ONLY store newsletters, apart from those with an enticement of a exclusive coupon code, that I open.  There is otherwise no reward for me.  I don't really care about the editorials from stores, and wonder at the ROI on those.  Maybe they are good branding opportunities?  In any case, I have, for example, not opened a single "editorial" piece from Mr Porter, but I open their Tuesday and Friday "new product" sends, every time, and if there are less...