or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

AUCTION 14: CEGO custom shirts Saturday, Dec 20, 10 a.m. - Sunday, Dec 21, 10. a.m.   Without further ado, and because I am away from a computer having breakfast with Santa: A pair of MTM shirts from CEGO shirtmakers, our own, inestimable @Shirtmaven.  2 custom made shirts. value up to $500 Pick from any in stock fabric except Alumo, Mother-of-Pearl buttons. shirts will be made in Our NYC workroom..  Any style cuff, collar, etc, is permissible. The winner would...
Takes it at $450. Email me at styleforum.net@gmail.com for further instructions.
This may be an issue, then, since I am a size 10.5 to 11, usually.  I don't see any size 11.5 or 12's around...
I liked those, but decided on the Nonnative instead.  I just like the wedge sole more...
I'm seeking help.
Shit like this invariably happens.  There is always a non-trivial chance of something going wrong.  I've had to resolve issues with MrPoter as well.  They sent me a bag with the wrong type of delivery, then resent, and did it... again. I emailed, and then spoke with the floor manager.  I came out of that with a $175 in credit.  SSENSE I've only ordered from a few times, and it's been fine.  I don't remember if there were additional duties, but that's just one of those...
  Custom "Engineer" Yuketens came today.  B-Moc leather upper with brown CXL trim.  That feeling when something you created in your head comes out exactly as you had envisioned.
Then call.  Seriously.  It is less work for everyone (typing up emails takes time), and you are more likely to get a good resolution.  fwiw,  I live in Moscow Idaho, and once Oki-ni sent my shoes to... Moscow, Russia.  I was like "um, there is probably going to be an issue here."  Solved immediately.   Re. taxes and duties.  The only time I haven't chalked it up to shitty luck is when I got the tax invoice for 2 SNS Herning sweaters and a blanket, that came out to $1500...
Hmmm....depends on what sort of wedding it is.  What sort of wedding is it and what is the level of formality?  I've been to jeans and a jacket weddings and full rig weddings.  They span the gamut.
lol.   As someone who has worked on both sides of that desk, here is, perhaps, a more productive approach:   1) Email with a polite email, DEMANDING NOTHING, but explaining the situation, and asking for help in resolving it.  Give them the benefit of the doubt "I realize that you have a lot of packages this time of year, and sometimes, things slip through the cracks", and then ask them TO HELP YOU, "I would really like to get my shoes for Crhistmas - have been looking...