or Connect

Posts by LA Guy

www.needsupply.com 20% off for Memorial Day use code SUMMERSELECTS  
Not sure, but the owner of Corridor store is a poster here.  @urbanwoodsman ?  What do you have for us at www.thecorridorstore.com/
Those guys actually did well.  I wonder what happens to the guys who really make a hash of it (and it happens). Greg, I will give you $20K cash for 20% equity.  An actual bag of cash (well, a largish envelope). You won't find a better deal than that out of there.  Take it or leave it.
I like Prana products.  If want some softshell that is pretty reasonably priced, I wear Marmot Scree pants and also some Northface "Mountain Tech" pants, that look pretty decent and are also pretty functional, with zipped hems, zippered pockets (to me, this is essential).  If you want durable construction, Northface is not famous for no reason.  Things like tripled stitched seams and gusseted crotches make the pants much less likely to split at the seams or wear out at...
Don't skimp on decent gear.  Even if you use it sparingly, it's not going to go to waste.  Stuff for backpacking is functional - as in - if you just get whatever is on sale, there is a decent chance you could be miserable the entire time.  Fashion, on the other hand - yeah, a shirt for Walmart is going to looking worse than... most things, but it will serve exactly the same as the most expensive shirt on the market.
From the Other-Shop thread:
As a trucker, it's definitely NOT too short.  The classic type III jacket has a cropped. 24-25" back length.  For a more modern fit that accommodates modern, lower rise jeans (even the highest rise jeans are considerably shorter than jeans as late as the 80s) I've seen 25-26" lengths, which makes the jacket typically hit just under the belt line.  Some designers do wierd things with the hems.  Rick Owens, for example. tends to have a longer front than back.  Unfortunately,...
 Did not realize that Lincoln was French.
This.  Also, the delineation is artificial.  Is Visvim "workwear".  Is Fullcount "workwear".  Is OAMC "fashion"?  Is a Vanson jacket only fashion when it's endorsed by Junya (remember, the Junya Vanson jacket is actually just a rebranded Derby, straight up.  The one with did with Thurston is actually more "designed".  
I think that it just depends on the region.  Asia is really big.  I actually find the sleeves on clothes that fit me to be on the shorter side of fitting (i.e. they fit well, but an extra quarter or half inch would not be bad).  fwiw, I have a pretty big, but not crazy wingspan, about 73", and I am 5'11".