or Connect

Posts by BryanHarig

Quote: Originally Posted by Sherman90 I'd really like the Nexus S but it's a bit too pricey up here in Canada. $700 vs. $450 for the MyTouch. Is the Nexus One really comparable to the Nexus S? I like the look of the MyTouch in black and I also like the "genius" button which allows for a lot of voice command functions. If one of you yankees could score me a Nexus S as a proxy I'd be grateful...not sure what they're running for down...
Updates direct from Google for all Nexus devices.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sherman90 The MT4G has been getting some awesome press. And the bit of forum researching I've done has definitely put it ahead of the G2. I also don't want a physical keyboard. The MT4G is powerful and has some advantages but I dislike the software customizations on it and I really dont like the look of it. It is just ugly. Since you dont want a physical keyboard the G2 is out of the running. Have you...
The Evo gets a ton of developer support, so there is that. Sprint does have a bit of an undeserved bad rep though. Too many people remember the problems they used to have and dont notice the great coverage, vastly improved customer service (#2 after VZW, and they only beat Sprint by a single point IIRC) and pretty good "4g" network they are rolling out. Sprint's plans are pretty good too, even if the $10 "advanced device" fee does bring them closer to VZW/AT&T prices...
The Thunderbolt looks like a Nexus One and an Evo mated, I love it. Too bad it is on VZW. I have lines with Sprint and T-Mobile already, and there is no way I can justify a 3rd carrier.
Quote: Originally Posted by Imhoff Did anyone update their Android software last couple days? My phone updated Software Number 3.70.651.1 and still trying to figure out what it actually did. Noticed Android market has a new interface, but that is it. Also, this has been bugging the @#$% out me, but every once in awhile, a little message will pop up saying about some sort of force close and not able to sync? Have no idea what this is in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Althis I just uninstalled the Sprint voicemail and use google voice now I did that, but I got tired of Google's unbelievably terrible transcriptions of my voicemails. Granted a lot of my friends have accents, but even the voicemails of my regular ass white folk friends came out as complete gobbldy gook.
Quote: Originally Posted by SField Why is it impossible to get a well made cell phone that requires no data plan that isn't massive, and can do everything a lap top does? I just want a fucking phone that is good for texting and has good call quality. I had this Samsung thing with the keyboard which is fine for texting but its call quality is awful. I look at Sprint's website and everything else are these huge touch screens that require you to pay for...
Wait a minute? Are we calling Obama a liberal now? On what grounds? He has been a better friend to the republican party then his own...
Quote: Originally Posted by BP348 What network is this phone going to run on? Launching in Korea in a month, EU and the rest of Asia after that. Quadband GSM/EDGE but only 900/2100 HSPA. So it wont do much good in the USA. There are a few rumors of a T-Mobile USA version, but nothing credible to back them up yet AFAIK.