or Connect

Posts by pixartist

By special contract, the suits are Zegna fabrics and Zegna design.  The suits are then made here in the US to cut the cost (They are not hand sewn which dramatically ups the cost, and those are available at the full line Saks).  There is also an Italian made line (still not hand sewn) that is also available at the off 5th.  They are characteristically Italian in that they are much more 'roomier" like most high end Italian suits for purposes of tayloring (I learned this...
From a real reliable source, Zegna does make the suits for Armani, Gucci, and Tom Ford.  As to what lines, I didn't ask.  For Armani, it could go all the way up to the Georgio's.  Lower lines probably aren't (like Collezione).   My wife speaks fluent Italian and she says the g is silent (I always tease her by pronounciating the "g" in all sorts of Italian word like Pulgiese.  Her dialect is more Napolitane, but she says it's pretty consistent with the silent g in all...
Just an update to this thread. This was discussed in this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/forum/newestpost/253732
I get automatic dimples by doing a reverse windsor.  Easy as pie, no muss, no fuss.
[quote name="JBrew" url="/t/79716/ask-a-question-get-an-answer-post-all-quick-questions-here/11430_30#post_5008634"]So I've had my eye on this sport coat for sometime and while I like it, I'm not sure what I would wear it with.  It is a very unique "barleycorn" (read large nailhead) effect in blue/dark blue.  I would get it if I could justify what I would wear it with.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]     I agree.  It's like the little...
Skinny "tight to the body" is getting outdated really fast.  It has been on the European market along with skinny ties for quite a few years now and is phasing out along with small lapels.  Europe is generally two years ahead of the American fashion market, so expect the downtrend to continue here in the states.   Personally, I'm not a fan of the suits, or any suits that have synthetics like elastin threaded with the wool.  It's just not good suit making, IMO.  The way...
This is indeed a Saks/Saks off Fifth suit that was made in partnership with Zegna.  The differences between Erminigildo Suits and the "American" Zegna suits is in two places. The actual Italian suits are hand sewn and therefore has all the wonderful reinforcements and linings in the construction of the suits. The fabrics come from Zegna and usually are their Zhang line.  Zegna's partnership with Saks is the importing of those same fabrics, which makes the suit lay on the...