or Connect

Posts by misterjuiceman

I'd feel a little awkward if I'm being overly picky and I'm unhappy with the fit and finish of the boot. "Yeah, you're going to have to start over again, I think your stitching is a little sloppy," is a conversation I'd like to avoid.
I'd search this thread for "Indy" and "TruBalance" to see what others are doing, and then order from Nordstrom, since they have such a generous return policy. 
Except when you're OSB, and your manufacturer tears up the shell while lasting. 
I don't think you can really compare Guidi's leather to conventional leathers. If you look to Guidi for cordovan expecting something in a similar vein to Horween's, you'll be sorely disappointed. Guidi's leathers fill an aesthetic niche, and discussions of quality are very different from that of other tanneries' leathers. Guidi's leathers aren't ones that you'd want because you want the "best quality" available, it's a leather you'd get because you love the look and feel,...
Hey Guy, I'm wondering how far will the 2045 last go down in size. My SO is a 3.5 in the 9220, and she'd love to buy another pair of your boots. Is it possible to get a boot in 2045 that would fit her?
Anything shell with antique edge dressing and sole sells out.
Andrew from Dayton told me the same thing—some of their boots use leather, some use cork, but he's trying to move everything to cork to eliminate squeaking. Personally I'd prefer to have leather, and I haven't had an issue with squeaking.
I'd be interested in the same boot with a leather like this: 
Not a fan of the new patterns at all—the trench boot, that new chukka and the lace-to-toe workboot are all pretty awful. Really liking the service boots, and I look forward to more Guidi offerings. 
@missusjuiceman went TTS for her 9220-lasted service boots. It's apparently not as wide as the 110, but a D-width instead. She thinks TTS would work for anyone with a normal width foot.