or Connect

Posts by misterjuiceman

Not a fan of the new patterns at all—the trench boot, that new chukka and the lace-to-toe workboot are all pretty awful. Really liking the service boots, and I look forward to more Guidi offerings. 
@missusjuiceman went TTS for her 9220-lasted service boots. It's apparently not as wide as the 110, but a D-width instead. She thinks TTS would work for anyone with a normal width foot.
Keep in mind that I made up my reason. I don't know if that's true. You definitely don't need bright shoe laces under any circumstances. 
so if you fall, people can find your unconscious (or dead) body easily. 
I was speaking of Viberg in general, not just their hiking boots, but Ron Rider's hiking boots are also priced higher than Viberg's. This pair at Leather Soul was $800. If we're going to compare sale prices, we should compare it to Viberg's sale prices.  With regard to Norvegese stitching being higher quality than Viberg's stitch-down offerings, Viberg has their liner attached under the insole, and the upper is also attached under the insole, just before the liner stops on...
What other brands are making similar boots at this level of quality? As long as Viberg keeps doing so, I'll keep paying the price. 
Here's a cut-away of a Viberg boot. It doesn't look like there's any filler. I know Viberg has boots that aren't made with these materials over at WorkBoot.com. Maybe that's one of those. As far as I know, any filler would be after the liner is attached to the insole. At one minute and 20 seconds into this video, you can see that the insole is visible:
Is there any word on if stitch-down boots will be eliminated completely for the life style offerings? Will the Goodyear-welted boots be a standard construction with a cork filling and canvas ribbing to attach the insole to the welt?
It was the wrong thread when he posted it in the Nick's thread, too.
Wolverine's does it much more readily than others. I wasn't enamored with the leathers I felt from White's. The dress leather and dry tan leather from White's was plasticky. The oil tanned leathers were fine, some thinner than others---I believe that the leather they use for the harvest roughout is oil tanned, and I liked that as a roughout, but it's thinner than the black and distressed roughouts. I don't think the "veiny creases" that you found on your Wolverine will be...