or Connect

Posts by misterjuiceman

Waxed flesh thrives in the rain. Viberg chose it for their country derby boots for this reason.  This is the closest thing you'll get to a side view of that last with an unstructured toe box:
 Good luck with the surgery. 
Agreed, would have rather seen that on the 2040 and the Service Boot on the 2030. 
No. I mean the sizes they stocked. Strange that they did 6.5 but not 7.5 or 10.5. 
Let's just hope they're the same between each boot in a pair. 
I don't know—the Japanese have stayed interested in high-quality denim for a while, and reproduction American workwear in general. I don't know that you can find higher-quality production garments in that style made anywhere else on the planet. If their interest in that can stick, and they can maintain such a high level of quality, I think so can their interest in making quality shoes. 
What's with the sizing that SuperDenim has for their new boots (http://www.superdenim.com/viberg-denim.asp)? 6.5, 7, 8, 8.5, 9,9.5, 10, 11 on everything. 
The differences between the boondocker and the service boot are listed below. Plain-toed and leather-soled service boots aren't necessarily boondockers. 
I've found that the 2030 with hiking socks fits similarly to the Barrie in dress socks in the same size. The 2030 most certainly feels like a wider last, though this could be due to the instep of the 2030.
Thanks for the invite, but I'll probably abstain from this one. Glad to see everything is resolved, though, and that this thread will see a permanent change.