or Connect

Posts by Bryan101

I ended up getting a slightly larger bonus at work, and hey... the Zegna suit was calling my name.  Went into the 5th Ave store today and bought it.    There is a charity Gala at Manhattan Motorcars in a few weeks, and I will be there rocking the suit.  Now I just have to buy shirt / tie / shoes to go along with it!    Thanks everyone for their input.  I think this helped me decide what I like / don't like.  My next suit will be a Paul Stuart Phineas...
Yes, that looks like it's it.  The price isn't the same, and I'm 100% sure the suit I was looking at was not on sale.  However that looks just like it.
  I think that may be it.  I'm 100% sure the one in the store was not on sale, and the tagged price was about $1,500.  However that one looks just like it.   Zegna suit is not online.  I found one that looks like it has the same overall look but it has a single pleat in the pants and is not solid Navy:   http://store.zegna.com/item/store/ermenegildozegna/tskay/B4ADC6EB/cod10/49120191BK   $2,500 was what it was retailing for everywhere I've looked.    
Thank you everyone for the input.  Being that it was a slow day at the office before the holiday break, I cut out early to check out some of the suggestions posted here.   Paul Stuart:   Walked into Paul Stuart and was directed into the Phineas Cole section.  I explained to the helpful salesman what I was looking for, style & color wise, and that the Ermenegildo Zegna “cut” was my favorite thus far.  He produced a 2 button 42R Phineas Cole suit as well as a 1...
Just thought I’d do a follow up post:   The wedding is Feb 11th in Miami, I’ll be making the purchase in a week or so, before Jan 10th.   So far this is what I’ve done:   Hickey Freeman: Walked into the Madison Ave store.  They have a 50% promotion.  I was sized up as a 44R, which surprised me as I thought I was a 42R. I was told that since I want a “slimmer” suit I’d need to size up.  They did not have a suit on sale in the color and size I was looking...
Thanks for your input guys, when I get back to NYC after Thanksgiving (and hopefully not 10 pounds bigger) I'll post again with my findings.
I take it that the look / quality of mtm at my price range is superior to off the rack Hugo Boss / RL black / Tom Ford / Brioni / Zegna?    Btw I get these brands from GQ suit guide. I realy have no idea what the difference is
Can you expand on yours answer?  Reviews online are mixed, love or hate. Can you tell me a bit more?
I’m looking for some input on buying a new suit, and if I can get some honest feedback I’d appreciate it.    I’m 10 years out of college and I’ve more than worn my way through the 3-Button suits my parents were kind enough to buy me upon graduation. I’m 33, 5’9 and 170 lbs.  I live in New York City and have plenty of options as far as where to shop or have a suit made.   I work on the Technology side of legal matters, so while I occasionally make law firm visits,...