or Connect

Posts by Ivon

I'm the poster who raised objections to the infomercial style customer testimonials and lack of an objective reviews in the other thread. Now that you posted pictures of what you commissioned, I'd thought I comment. Other than the flaw you pointed out, the fabric looks okay from what I see. The workmanship looks fine for the price, machine made and cleanly executed. Fit looked okay, but as a MTM shirt, it is a variable that depends on the customer and the person with...
Creasing*, stupid auto spell check on my iPhone.
Speaking of wholecuts, I have a couple of quick questions. I am currently intrigued by the Sinatra, being wholecuts, are there any issues with regards to excess stretching or greasing after some wear? Any suggestions on what I should wear them with? I've ruled out my business suits at the office so far. Thanks.
Not sure if they are completely done, their is substantial value attached with the name, but after reading over the article I see some tricky obstacles if I were a potential buyer. First would be where to we go with the brand? Asian rights might be the key to long term viability, but a third party owns them? My best guess is some global conglomerate will snatch them up and try to do a brand reinvention a la Burberry. No reason they can't go forward with new backing and...
According to my math, 95 cm = 38 inches and 100 cm is 40 inches. Can you confirm this? Thanks.
Above Canali and standard British shirts, but below the top Italian makers. Doesn't look like any hand work is used, fabric is very mice, collar has a beautiful medium spread, but it may not be slim enough for some. I just grab them at semi annual sales and the dress shirt events at Rosen when I need some shirts. Usually I keep my suit jacket on almost all the time, in these situations, good dress shirt is important, but not a dealbreaker. Can't walk around with a...
Sometimes Customs will examine the contents and reassess the value. I got nailed for an additional $208 in duties on a pair of Lobb loafers a couple on months ago. A month after that a pair of G&G showed up w/o any duties. It's a crapshoot.
For those prices, I doubt that they can get away with plastic buttons, especially if their competition still use MOP. It's been a while since I've bought a Borelli, the way the sleeves are set in make me afraid to launder them, the collar is nice. Recently I was told that Robert Jones will start carrying them last time I was in the store. Last I heard they have three cuts, reg, slim and don't breathe out. My one Attolini shirt is fantastic and Brioni makes a very nice...
I'll bite, since just about everything is exported or available online, something hard to get or offbeat. Some ideas. Go thrifting, you might uncover a wear le Saville Row suit. Fragrances, some old school ones like Penhaligon's or George Trumper are hard to find. Trumper also makes some really cool shaving items. Artisnal crafts, hand knit Fair Isle sweaters and Tea sets. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
The AE Clifton is a captoe derby, not as formal as a captoe balmoral, which is the de facto formal dress shoe, the Clifton is not that sleek as the G&G in comparison. I don't disagree with the economics, but the choice to move up the shoe hierarchy is personal and varied. G&G is not $700 worth of better shoe, but to say they are equal is absurd. C & J or the new Sargents might be the new sweet spot for price/quality. Over the years, I've owned numerous AE models like...