or Connect

Posts by Ivon

Although he has a lot of passionate fans on SF, I'm really don't like his stuff. I didn't like his stuff at Gucci. I was at the Rosen flagship store last winter and mentioned to the SA it all looked the same, I got marched off to TF land. It was well made, but overpriced with this ersatz 70s meets Savile Row. Ron Burgundy didn't work for me although I actually am pretty liberal about clothes. But that is another story for another time. I'll give them a look when you...
Thank will try to upload them to the G&G thread. How often do you get 42R items? Everything in the B/S seems to be 38S, I am not that big, but I'm not Minime.
Conservative*, need to turn off the auto spell check on my iPhone.
I may take you up on that in the future, you sell really nice stuff and you know your stuff in the G&G thread. I only recently started buying them and stick to more co sedative shoes. Wish I could figure out how to upload photos or I'd post pics of my Rothchilds in Vintage Chestnut, they are purdy.
I was trying to comment on ecommerce. I have done some management consulting for a couple of ecomerce ventures in the past and that was always the biggest issue, buyer assurance. My biggest problem online is the fact I live in Canada and many sellers will not ship internationally for whatever reason. I'd love to buy the item, but in the end, I'd have to settle for a smaller discout/ better selection from a brick and mortar for my stuff. I have 100% positive feedback on...
Don't want to burst your bubble but Sotheby's is not an apt comparison. You sell really nice stuff, but in the end you are basically a liquidator of past season luxury menswear. Southeby's, Christie's et al rely mostly on intangibles like company history and reputation to assure the buyer. Not so much of that on eBay. Anyone can sell stuff, rip people off and reopen another account with impunity. Reinventing a bad auction house is another story, industry is too small,...
I wouldn't spend too much time overthinking shoes needs. From what I've learned over the years, most men can distill their shoe needs down to three models and cover just about any situation. Black captoe for formal, brown wingtips for dressy, but less formal and brown/burgundy penny loafers for casual. Rest is filler or niche shoes. After that you consider minimum acceptable quality, which around here is full grain leather and Goodyear welting, Blake stitched shoes...
I haven't used eBay in a few years, it's so big you are bound to get all sorts of people, both good and bad. I actuually still have these shoes, I bought a pair of Ferragamo Novaxys at Harry Rosen one year and loved the shoes so much I looked for a brown pair to go with the black pair I bought. I found a pair on eBay in Dark Brown ( or so I thought, didn't know what shades of brown they came in at the time). Shoes were NWB and they were more or less as promised. After...
As long as you keep them shined, nobody will really notice on an intern, but at least make a decent attempt to dress the part. Internships are free trials, if you don't screw up the work, behave and look the part, you generally will get the job down the road. It's like high school, see what the cool kids wear, too much forward fashion and they might see you as an effete moron, better for the marketing department or (gasp) human resources, where the shallow stupid people...
Chariots of Fire and the Brideshead Revisited miniseries had a huge impact on my tastes in clothes. No occasion to ever wear one, but I still want a regatta blazer to this day.