or Connect

Posts by Ivon

You might ask the same question on their $7000 Kiton suits, when I bought the Zegna SC, I tried on a Brioni suit on sale, $3100 from $5000, there were only two 52 left, VERY nice suit, a true power suit, but I passed on it. I should ask one day about those unloved Kiton suits and if the price is right.... You are right about almost no TF stuff at sale time, I see the odd dress shirt, collars are a dead giveaway. But if I miss out, it's just like the Leafs, there's...
inevitably* Damn auto spell feature on my iPhone
I tend to pop in at the start of seasons/sale time, occasionally if I need something on the fly. After a while, you more or less have everything and you only need to replace. I see what's different for the current season, but I find myself more dissatied with their goods. I'm sure TF does well there because it has cachet as an "it" brand right now. Time will tell if the brand still does well when it inevidently moves beyond the luxury retro/70s aesthetic it has now. ...
othertravel,   I just looked over your B/S stuff, do you work at Rosen?  If you do, I'm pretty sure you have a good idea who this may be...
Just say he's been around a long time, know his stuff and I believe he's in the President's Club (whatever Rosen calls it) of top sellers.  Don't want to get him into any trouble for being bitingly candid.  I had to laugh when I heard that, thinking about it, it's damn near the impression of the customers I have for these brands as well.  Besides these brands are seriously pricey, not something a 22 year old can afford, unless he's a pro athlete or trust fund baby.  I...
It's sale time at Rosen again, had another look at the shoes, still super narrow waist and bulbous toe, offbeat post modern, throw it all against the wall and hope it sticks styling, but at those prices, you'd can get MTO EGs and have money left over for fancy socks on top.  Leather isn't as nice as top end Northampton and I'm sure you cannot recraft the shoe with the same sole, but it's your feet and your money if you buy them.  They kinda look like Frankenstein...
Bloor St is the flagship Rosen store, think smaller Barneys. The Walking on a Cloud at Yonge and Richmond is the one with the Loakes, not sure about the other locations, manager there was a long time Dacks guy I believe. Woman at the Bloor St Rosen is really nice and helpful, too bad the shoes are meh. Best SAs on Bloor are the older gentlemen, especially the ones on the third, snarky twinks on the second floor though. Matches the brands sold on the floor I guess. ...
Rosen on Bloor St has the biggest shoe dept in Toronto, but most of the shoes blow chunks at fairly high prices. A whole lot of meh, there is a sale going on now and the shoes are for the most part awful. Other than the odd Ferragamo or Tods, the rest of the shoes are hell no. I forgot to mention Brooks Brothers, I think there is a sale on and their shoes are pretty decent. Toronto is not a good place for shoes, but if you look hard enough you can find most brands,...
That's just dounds like a case of theft, which can happen if you ship domestically or internationally and the buyer can still do the Paypal claim anyway.  Shouldn't there have been some sort of insurance on the parcel, especially if it was worth a decent bit of change?  Over the years, I've never had that happen to me, knock on wood.  My last package showed in three days with no duties from a respected forum member and seller, it arrived Thurday morning after paying...
Rego is a small menswear store on York St, north of King St W.  They usually have the best local sale on AEs in Toronto (about $300ish from what I remember at sale time), reasonable selection, Rosen stocke some AE models, but you kinda have to order most models in from what I have seen.  Your best bet for AEs is sadly online.  Usually there are some really good deals on the Buy and Sell here, most of the sought after models will pop up, just have to be patient for your...