or Connect

Posts by Ivon

Thanks for the reply, I just saw that this thread was active and is kinda like what I was starting to consider. It's a working vacation and I will only be in HK at the beginning and end of the trip. I understand bespoke tailors can do just about anything one can think of, just enquiring about their strengths and tendencies along with the logistical issues. I just need the skinny, rest I'm sure I can improvise, a WW Chan suit has been one of those "when I get around to...
I should be in HK/China for a couple of weeks just before Xmas. How many fittings are required at Chan and can they do the basted fitting in say 10 days after measurements are taken? Can anyone comment on the house style, from the picturesI've seen, it has a classic British sensibility, what would be the closest Savile Row house in spirit? Thanks.
1. Don't embarrass the firm, your bosses will never forget. 2. Don't embarrass yourself, your coworkers will never let YOU forget. 3. It's not about fashion, it's about credibility. There are enough threads and stickies on the forum to give you an idea of what works professionally.
Communication goes a long way, it's not hard. Walk into just about any store and it should go something like this: SA: May I be of assistance? Buyer: I am looking for blue/grey suit in 52R with minimal/no shoulder padding, higher armholes, trimmer fit with a more pronounced waist suppression. Do you have anything like that? The next part is where he is there to help you or just peddle something. He either conjures up what you want, something close or not even...
The Samuelson event at Rosen was a couple of months ago. Even if you choose the slimmest cut (Gable), it may not be slim enough for some readers. MTM is just customization of a stock pattern to your measurements/specs. If you ask for a more fitted suit, any decent tailor should be able to do it. I sometimes wonder if some misguided types confuse well made MTM with too tight to breathe. I've been to Garrison, the suit is pretty fitted for the most part, any tighter...
SH Spiro on the Danforth is just over your target price, but is around there at event time. I've seen some pieces and he looks very decent for the price.
I dunno, Nordstom is higher end, but EG is very pricey and besides, with a fixed capacity to manufacture, a place like Nordstrom could conceivably sell th entire EG production for a year easily...
Zegna MTM start at 2k and can rise quickly with better fabric (15MilMil, Trofeo), you can modify existing suit models ( Roma, Milano, etc ) but the key will be the stock pattern will be adjusted for your measurements, so the guy taking them is very important. Rosen is having theirs in Sept and my SA has already reminded me. They are very nice suits in the upper tier, albeit a bit overpriced at full pop. Bespoke suits are riskier than MTM if you don't know the tailors...
Yorkville is the 5th Ave/ Beverly Hills retail area of Toronto. Most of the usual suspects are there, but section seems poor compared to other very large cities. The shoe repair guy was suggested to me by a couple of shoe SAs in the neighborhood. I saw shoes and bags from high end stores for repairs so I took him as competent. I only want to save the heel as much as possible so it wears evenly with the rest of the sole. I detest those buggers, but have been unable to...
Before I had them installed, I remember asking about sole/heel protection in the shoe care thread and it ended up as a Topy hate thing. That was presented to me as a solution to my heavy heel wear issue. I should find out more about those toe/heel plates as I'm not overly fond of them and I've never read too much on those metal plates other than people getting them installed on MTOs.